Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 16 - Meeting the family?

I had woken up to find that Gerard was missing. Panicking I frantically looked around and spotted a note telling me he had gone to the comic book store and would be back soon.

Relaxing a little I stood up and made the bed. I jumped when I heard the front door close, just loud enough for me to hear it.

Thinking it was Gerard returning, I smiled and sat on the spot that Gerard had been sitting before I had fallen asleep.

It was still warm and I sighed contently, not believing my luck. Gerard had saved my life, and taken me into his home and I loved him for it.

He meant so much to me and I adored every part of him. He was so kind and understanding that I kept thinking that I would wake up under my bridge any day now, and this would have all been a dream.

I looked up to Gerard so much; he was such a strong person. He held his family together. He'd told me about his Dad screwing around, and at how angry he was. But he was the glue of the family. He made sure they all ate together (He now snuck food up to me afterwards) he made sure his brother Mikey was okay.

I heard footsteps climbing up to the attic. I waited for Gerard’s knock telling me that it was him. It didn’t come.

My heart seemed to miss a beat and my brain froze.

Gee ALWAYS did this weird knock thing that told me it was him.

My mind ablaze with worries I rapidly moved towards the closet. I opened the heavy door and dove into the dusty bundles of old clothes and Gerard’s smaller clothes that he had lent me.

As soon as I had closed the door, the trap door opened and I saw a kid, around my age. He had kinda messed up fluffy hair and had glasses which where perched on the end of his nose.

Mikey. It had to be.

Shit… I’m screwed.

Gerard, will you come save me again?