Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 18 - Sibling Spat

"Is this something to do with you?" Mikey spat at his older sibling.

"Leave him alone Mikey" Gerard growled back

Frank stayed in the corner of the room, his knees brought up to his chin. Silent as the throbbing in his head beat away sending shockwaves of pain through his mind.

"Dad's gunna fucking murder you... you fag!" screamed the youngest Way

Gerard winced at the poisen like words that had flooded from his brothers mouth and etched themselves into his mind. Gerard searched his brothers eyes for any kind of explanation of the hostility he was receiving.

They were not the same innocent eyes of the child that Gerard had once loved and protected. No, his father had cramed Mikey's head full of the bullshit that Gerard had rejected all his life.

Gerard felt like he had failed.

His shit bag of a father had gotten in. Gerard had turned his attention away for a few months and Mikey had eaten up all the shit that his father spoke.

Ever since he had found out about his father's unfaithfulness Gerard had tried to lock himself away from family affairs involving his father as much as possible.

And without Gerard there, Mikey had been forced to find a new role model.

Once he realized this, Gerard had guessed how things where going to pan out.

"He's my friend Mikey... you can't do shit to him."

"No. But Dad can."

"You wouldn't dare tell that prick!" Gerard yelled, trying one more time to get through to his brother.

"Why not? Hey Daddy, did you know that your failure of a son has been keeping a faggot piece of shit up in our dearest attic?" Mikey mocked.

"Shut the hell up!"

"Ohhh did I hit a nerve?"

Mikey looked deep into his brothers eyes and then spoke in a calm voice that was full of dissapointment.

"What happened to you Mikes?"

Mikey stayed silent for a while and stared at the floor.

"He'll have to go Gerard..." he muttered

Frank who hadn't said a word whimpered softly and recieved a look of disgust off Mikey.

Looking between his brother and broken friend Gerard felt torn and an inside battle was raging through his heart and mind.

Frank... he was so broken, so close to defeat that everytime Gerard turned his back he felt that when he looked back the boy would be gone. Missing forever. And going back to the streets may just finish the poor kid off.

But then there was Mikey, his own flesh and blood. He had so many fond memories with him. Was he too far past? Was he beyond saving?

Had he already become a clone of his father?

Gerard sighed inwardly.

"Fine Mikey you win."

Frank felt his world come crashing down around him once again. His heart ripped into tiny pieces like paper soaked by tears and all his hope dissapeared. He had always known it was too good to be...

"But I'm going with him." Gerard added.

And Frank's heart seemed to stop.