Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 19 - The End to a Chapter of Fate

"Wha...What?" Mikey stuttered.

My heart was beating rapidly and happiness filled my small body. Words could no where near explain how delighted I was. But at the same time... Gerard was leaving his family. Safety. Warmth. Could I let him make this sacrifice for me?

"Yeah, we're outta here..." mumbled Gerard distantly as he started grabbing random clothes that had been left lying around, and shoving them roughly into a scruffy bag that was covered in black marker and badges.

"You...You can't! I'll call the police!" screamed Mikey

"And tell them what? I'm leaving my own home?" challenged the elder sibling.

Mikey opened his mouth but nothing came out. He stayed silent and watched in defeat as Gerard rushed around packing, and he occasionally caught my eye and sent a death glare at me.

Half hour later and we where standing in front of the Way's front door that had glass panels that mutated everything on the other side. Gerard sighed and put his shaking hand on the cool metal of the door handle.

I stood patiently behind him and Mikey had moved to the top of the stairs, standing there with his arms crossed, almost defensively.

I felt guilt trickle into my insides and begin to consume me... he was about to leave his life, all his family and belongings for me.

"Gee... sorry about this..I..I'll just leave if you want. I mean I don't want you to leave your own home cause of me... I ain't worth it." I stated and Gerard shook his head and looked directly into my eyes.

"It's fine Frankie... I couldn't live with myself if I let you go. I know it sounds stupid my my instinct is telling me to stay with you... you mean so much to me now, your a bigger part of my life than this so called family has ever been."

I heard Mikey snort and mumble under his breath but I ignored him and he soon walked back to what I guessed was his room.

Gerard faced the door again but I continued looking at him.

"Thanks Gee... I...I love you"

I clamped my mouth shut,,WHAT THE HELL HAD I SAID?

My heart pounded and my insides screamed. My palms began to sweat and my mind swirled around all the insults that Gerard was going to use to mock me with... Cause I am a total idiot I just...

"I love you too Batman" whispered Gee with a small smile.

I felt a wave of relief crash into me and at the same time Gerard opened the door. A gale of cold hit our faces.