Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 22 - Leo

After Frank had woken up properly and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, which I found extremely adorable, due to the way he scrunched his nose up, we had decided to go somewhere and hang out, cause yeah; even homeless kids do that.

We discovered that another thing we have in common is the fact that we both like to people watch. I love doing it so that I can gain ideas and pictures in my head to draw. I asked Frank his reasons, when we were walking in the direction of the mall, and his ears turned pink.

”Well I guess that…I kinda make up stories for them all”

I looked at him confused not quite getting it.

He looked up and realized, so he began to explain more.

”It’s like, say I saw someone who was walking quite fast, then I would make up some stupid story in my head for why, and who they where going to meet, and what they are going to do, and childish little things like that I suppose…” and he looked at the ground, almost ashamed

I gazed at Frank and I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.

”I know it’s stupid and urm… yeah weird but I…”

”No, it’s actually really cool Frankie, I mean that’s really creative” I reassured him and he grinned at me and grabbed my hand.

As I felt his fingers fit with mine I blushed, but didn’t object.

We walked around a bit, hand in hand and I must admit, it felt nice… almost as if that was the way it was meant to be.

Everything seemed to be going okay. It was a nice day, I was with Frank and the awkwardness between us had seemed to disappear.

But of course, something had to go wrong. We couldn’t be left alone?

While we where walking down a shortcut to the park, a voice sounded from behind us which made us turn around.

We came face to face with this dude who had dark brown hair, but it was so greasy it looked black. He had a faded black T-shirt on and holey jeans, accompanied with a sick smirk.

I noticed Frank tense up beside me and I squeezed his hand softly.

”Leo” muttered Frank, darkly and I shot him a confused look. He knew this weirdo?

”The one and only faggoty Frank” grinned the boy who Frank had called Leo. He seemed to only be a few years older than us.

”Shut up” Frank mumbled

The unwelcomed guest then turned his attention onto me.

”Ohhh so who’s this Frank? Found somebody to replace that asshole Jay have yuh?” he sniggered and I felt Frank let go of my hand and clench his fist, and to my surprise I felt my hands also curling up, ready to punch.

”Shut your mouth motherfucker” spat Frank viciously

”Well it’s about time… I mean that idiot deserved to die. And left to rot… come to think about it, It didn’t take long for his body to be found did it? With you clinging to it, you’re so pathetic.” Leo spoke with a sick smile.

”Shut the hell up!” I found myself shouting. Nobody picks on my angel! I looked at Frankie and my heart broke when I saw he was holding back tears.

”Aww he’s sticking up for you… how disgusting”

”SHUT UP” I growled through gritted teeth. Frank glanced at me, and I sensed his worry but I didn’t have enough time to ask him before I felt my arms being pulled behind my back.

”What the..?” Escaped my mouth, before it clicked what was going to happen next.

Two boys where holding my hands behind my back and Leo let out a chuckle

”Gee!” I heard as Frankie tried to get them off me, only to be tackled to the ground by this other guy who was serious in the muscle department.

I watched Frank struggle before turning my attention back to Leo.

”And this is why you never tell me to shut up” came out of his mouth before he delivered a blow to my stomach using his fist.

I felt the wind being knocked out of me and I gasped as it did not return and my lungs began to burn.

The first hit was followed by another, and another. Until I had finally given up trying to escape from the people holding my arms and making me defensless.

Every so often I would hear Frank yell out to me, but my senses where to full of pain and blood to reply.

My blood seemed to hurt as it pumped around my body and finally, blackness took me, with one last hit from Leo.