Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 24 - The End?

I felt cold skin connect with my face and I slowly opened my eyes. Frank was sat over me, his face looking panicked.

”Gaah Frankie?” I yawned as I tried to wake myself up. My world was still of dreams and slumber.

”Gee, we gotta move” His speech was rushed and I opened my mouth to answer when a huge bolt of lightning ripped down the sky and lit up everything.

Suddenly my senses returned to me and I could hear the raging storm that we where trapped in.

”The water Gee, look” he shouted over the hammering rain.

I glanced over and in another flash of lightning that was followed by a bellow of thunder I saw that the freezing water had begun to overflow over the side of the bank and was creeping towards us.

”Shit!” I exclaimed and began to get up, when I felt my joints and muscles protest.

Frank ran to help me and together we steadily made it to the bank.

As we left the shelter of the stone bridge I felt freezing droplets thundering onto my body. I shuddered at the unwelcome act of nature that was soaking Frankie and I through to the skin.

Frank then attempted to help me up the dangerous, muddy bank, which had turned into a landslide.

I breathed out a sign of relief when I finally felt my feet touch the safe gravel and I turned my aching body around to help Frank up.

Time seemed to slow down as I watched Frank’s eyes widen in shock as his feet slipped. His petite body went falling backwards and I could only scream as he hit the raging waters below. He went under straight away and I scrambled down, sending mud and gravel everywhere, to try and reach him and rescue him from the deathly cold river.

And as I ungracefully crawled down the bank and desperately searched the water my brain yelled one question.

”Is this the end?”