Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 25 - Graffiti Shelter

Gerard's eyes scanned the icy water as he desperately searched for Frank. Every movement and shadow caught his eye, as he carried on his search. 4 minutes had past, with no sign of the missing boy.

Clinging onto the bank in sheer panic Gerard felt his insides screaming in pain and worry. The storm was still raging and he was losing hope rapidly.

A sudden realization came to Gerard as he realized just how much he needed Frankie, how he was willing to throw everything away for this one being.

Gerard let out a gasp as a pale hand shot out of the water further down the current of water.

"Frank!" he screamed as he ran along the bank as fast as his painful legs would allow.

Falling on his knees and almost diving into the water to grab Frank's hand, he sat on the edge of the muddy bank, which could collapse at any moment.

As soon as Gerard's hand grasped Frank's icy cold flesh he let out the breath that he hadn't even known he was holding.

When Frank's head came above water Gerard noticed the boy was unconscious. He began pulling his limp body out of the deadly water, despite the pain that was throbbing through his muscles.

"F...Frankie. Wake up kid" Gerard whispered into Frank's ear as he laid him on the bank. A lightning bolt struck across the sky and Gerard looked up, deciding that they had to find shelter.

Unable to wake Frank up he picked him up bridal style and staggered up the bank again, and then began stumbling through the streets, trying to find some form of protection from the rain, which was still hammering down on their skin.

Through the darkness they went, two boys who only had each other. On and on, crawling through the inky darkness and the faint orange glow of streetlights.

Finally after what seemed like hours, Gerard's exhausted eyes fell upon a building. Public Toilets.

Clambering inside a dismal sight met his eyes, but he was not expecting any better. Graffiti covered every inch of the walls; the doors of the cubicles had been removed and left only the frame standing. The floor was covered in grime. But for now, it would do.

Laying Frank down on the cleanest part of the floor that he could find, he stood back to inspect him.

Frank's face was covered in water and had lips that had a blue tinge to them and his pale flesh was covered in Goose bumps. He was shivering and Gerard was extremely worried.

Removing Frank's soaking wet Misfits hoodie, which was doing more damage than good. He hung it from the frame of one of the cubicles to dry.

After a few moments Gerard attempted to wake up Frank again. Shaking him gently and whispering his name a few times.

"G...Gee?" Frank croaked, making Gerard want to laugh in joy and relief, instead he began crying.

"Frankie! I thought I'd lost you" Sobbed Gerard

A small smile appeared on Frank's face as he lifted up his cold hand and wiped Gerard's warm, salty tears away.

"I'm never gunna leave you."

Gerard pulled him into a hug and the two boys sat there, in a warm embrace.

"I was so scared... I care for you so much Frankie. I don't know what I'd do without you." Gerard whispered

"I'll always be with you Gerard. Even if I'm miles away, cause no matter where I am, I will always remember you, always think about you, talk about you, wait for you... until we are united again."

Gerard pulled back and looked into Frank's eyes. Searching for something. And then it seems he found it. Because he softly placed his lips onto Frank's.