Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 26 - What Does This Mean?

Frank’s eyes bulged as he felt Gerard’s lips connect with his own. Slowly the kiss deepened and Gerard’s tongue slipped into Frank’s mouth, and then, as quickly as it had began, oxygen was needed and both boys separated.

”G…Gee?” Frank whispered

”Yeah Frankie?” Gerard nervously replied, afraid he had done the wrong thing.

”What does this mean?”

”It means that… I care about you Frankie, more than anyone in the world, and… I can’t bring myself to think of my life without you in it. Over the time I’ve known you, I couldn’t help but fall for you. I love you Frankie

Gerard looked down at the grimy floor when he heard Frank gasp. He knew it had been a mistake…

”Gee? Look at me.”

Gerard granted Frank this wish and he searched into the boys eyes, looking for answers.

”I...I think I love you too Gee… I mean nobody has ever made me feel like this before, you’ve helped me so much that I owe you everything in the world, but would my heart do Gee?”

A smile broke out on Gerard’s face and he pulled Frankie, his Frankie into warm hug.

”I love you so much Frank” Grinned Gerard, words could not explain how much he enjoyed saying that.

”I love you more than anything else in the world” Frankie said, leaning into his best friend, and now lover's, arms.

The tired boys lay next to each other, not saying a word but just embracing each other.

Gerard had his arms around Frank’s waist while Frank ran his numb hands along Gerard’s face.

”Your beautiful” Was whispered from Frank’s lips, making Gerard blush and lean forward and plant a kiss on his cheek.

”Are you warm enough Frankie?” Was suddenly asked as Gerard noticed how violently he was shaking.

”Yeah, I f…Feel quite warm actually, I think I’m okay n…now.”

”But your still shivering like mad.”

”It’ll stop, relax”

Gerard nodded and then remembered Frank’s hoodie.

”Do you think your hoodie is dry yet?”

Frank shrugged and slowly got to his feet. He stumbled along to the cubical where it was hanging and then stopped.

”Urm Gee?”

”Yeah?”

”What...what was I doing again?”

Worried by Frank’s sudden forgetfulness, Gerard spun over to face Frank and noticed his blue lips, pale ears and shaking purple fingers.

He stood up and made his way over to Frank. His shivering had decreased but there was still something not right.

”Are you sure you’re alright?”

But Frank could hardly hear him. His heart was beating so hard that his whole head felt like it was going to implode. He had finally stopped shivering, so why did he still feel like shit?

Frank opened his mouth to speak but found that he couldn’t speak properly, only monosyllables.

”Gee…I…Tired, Gee…So Tired.” He slurred as Gerard’s worried face became hazy and then Frank felt his knees buckle.

Gerard caught Frank before he hit the ground and picked him up. Knowing something was seriously wrong he quickly grabbed the almost dry hoodie with the peeling Misfits’ logo and gently pulled it on Frank.

His heart racing and his mind in frenzy he walked out of their temporary sanctuary with Frank in his arms.

Gerard was thankful for the break in the rain and he thought it was a good omen.

He quickly marched to the road and prayed to god for a vehicle of some sort.

A taxi was waiting on the other side of the empty street, apparently he had just dropped some couple off, as they where still handing him a couple of notes.

Running over to the driver, Gerard rapidly crossed the road, crossing through puddles and getting his jeans wet again.

”Excuse me sir?” Gerard panted, still clinging onto Frank

The driver looked down at the desperate child with a bruised face, who was carrying a sick looking boy in his arms and felt something tug at his heart.

”Yes Sonny?” The driver, named Scott was around 40 years old, with a graying beard and was wearing a brown jacket with some casual jeans.

”Can you please take me and my friend to the nearest hospital?” Gerard begged and felt his eyes tear up a little.

There was no way that Scott could have turned Gerard down, when he had two boys at home, no his conscience would not allow it.

”Sure thing kiddo”

Gerard quickly hopped in the back of the car and lay Frank down, with his head on Gerard’s lap.

”Mister I mean… I don’t have any money so..”

Scott interrupted the babbling teen.

“It’s okay kid, I understand. This ones on the house.” He smiled to the distressed passenger through his mirror and Gerard attempted to smile back but it disappeared in a flash so Scott was not all together sure he had seen it or just imagined the sad smile.

In what seemed like hours, which were in fact minutes due to Scott’s rapid driving, they pulled up outside Columbus Hospital.

Gerard opened the door and pulled Frank out. Then turned back to the generous driver.

”Thank you, thank you so much!”

Scott shook his head and smiled sadly as the teen attempted to carry his companion inside the lit up building.

The automatic doors swung open and Gerard pulled Frank up to the nearest member of the medical staff, who happened to be a young nurse with brown hair.

”Please, please, you have to help my friend!” Gerard gasped.

The nurse spun around and took one look at the two desperate souls in front of her before nodding and professionally placing the unconscious and unresponsive Frank on a gurney, before turning to Gerard once again.

”What’s his name?”

”Frank. Frank Iero. He fell in a river earlier but, he was fine but all of a sudden…” Sobbed Gerard

”Okay, go and sit in the waiting room over there, Mr.…” she broke of after pointing to an almost empty room.

”Way, Gerard Way.”

”Right, I’ll call you Mr. Way when we have any information.” The nurse gave him one last sad smile before quickly wheeling Frank off up the corridor.

Gerard watched as a doctor ran to catch up to the nurse and his friend and then they turned around the corner and where gone from Gerard’s view.

He stood there, his face blank with tears leaking out every so often as his gaze focused on the spot where Frank had been a few moments ago.

He turned to face some curious faces of the reception but walked straight past and into the waiting room where only one boy sat alone who, just like himself was crying.

Sitting in a dark navy chair at the back of the room, Gerard placed his face in his hands and waited.

Waited to see the fate of his soul mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided that I'm going to quit jumping POV and try staying in third =)