Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 29 - An Hour

The first thing that Frank noticed when he opened his heavy eyelids was the constant beeping of a machine next to him. The second was the presence of warm hand in his own.

Frank found himself grin as he looked up at the owner of the body part. Gerard was sleeping peaceful, his messy black hair covering his face.

It was at this point Frank noticed the excessive amount of blankets that he was wrapped in. He attempted to move slightly, only to find it impossible.

He gave in and lent back into the pillow, blowing out warm air in an annoyed fashion.

After a few minutes of watching Gerard and smiling to himself, Frank's brain actually clicked that he was in a hospital.

Panicking he looked around for clues to why he was there, hospital was never good... people die in hospitals! Frank heard the machine beside him start to beep quicker and he thrashed against the blankets violently.

Gerard was ripped from his dreamland by a crash as a plastic bottle of water landed on the floor and rolled across the floor.

"What the..." he grounded as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"Morning Gee." Frank giggled, as his lover looked around the room alarmed.

"Frankie!" Gerard happily cried before launching himself into a hug.

The two boys lovingly kissed each other, with a little difficulty due to the amount of layers that where around Frank.

They quickly stopped however when a small cough came from the doorway.

They spun around and came face to face with the nurse that had helped them.

"Urrrm..." Gerard began, feeling his face flush red.

"It's good to see your awake Mr. Iero" she smiled at them while holding Franks old medical file in her hand.

She placed it on the empty chair next to Gerard and began stripping the extra blankets of Frank.

She had spent the first hour of her shift that morning reading his file. She found out about the car accident when he was just 10 years old and that he had spent 3 months in a deep coma, and then apparently he had disappeared from all records. He hadn't been reported missing, but had no dental records, police records, hospital records or even school records.

Her colleague had informed her that he was probably a run away, and looking at the boy. She had to agree. His scrawny body, dirty face and messy hair told a tale. A tragic tale of innocence being ripped away at such a young age.

The nurse moved over to Frank and picked up the chart that was hanging on the end of his bed. She checked his vitals and scribbled down some notes. When she looked back up from the paper she noticed that Gerard's eyes were on her.

"Urm Miss?"

"Call me Jess"

"Okay, Well Jess? I just wanted to say thank you. You know for not only looking after Frankie, but for getting rid of that ...idiot police man yesterday."

She smiled and shook her head.

"It was no problem, he was being inhuman. And it's my job to help people" she stated boldly before picking up the huge amount of blankets and leaving the room.

"Police officer?" Frank's soft voice was heard.

"Yeah... he came to take me home." muttered Gerard darkly and Frank's eyes widened in shock.

"But why?"

"My parents. Apparently they reported me missing."

"What!" choked Frank, tears coming to his eyes

"It's fine... everything will be fine Frankie." Gerard spoke quickly as he moved to comfort the crying boy.

"B..but how will it be f..fine? You have to go h..home" sobbed Frank

"Shh" whispered Gerard as he wiped Frank's salty tears away and embraced him.

Frank's sobs died down and they stayed in that position for the longest time.

"I love you Frankie. And they can never murder our love."

"I love you too Gee, with all my heart... but what if they take you away?"

"I'll always be with you Frank. Even if I'm miles away, cause no matter where I am, I will always remember you, always think about you, talk about you, wait for you... until we are united again"

Frank smiled as he heard his own words being whispered back to him.

Suddenly the door was slammed open and Jess stood there looking worried.

"Jess, what's wrong?"

"Oh boys...I'm not supposed to be telling you this. Gerard, your parent's just rung the hospital. They're on their way here." she croaked.

Frank clung onto Gerard while Gerard felt his breath hitch in his throat.

"W..what are we gunna do Gee?" Frank whimpered, making Jess' heart ache.

"They just rung right?" Gerard asked, and looked to Jess for conformation. After she nodded Gerard turned back to the distressed Frank.

"Well then we have an hour to get as far away from here as possible..." he mumbled.

"I'm sorry Gerard, but I can't let you do that?" cried Jess

"Why not?" Gerard demanded

"Frank's not strong enough... if you take him now he wont make it! He is too vulnerable to infection right now." Jess spoke softly.

Gerard studied the broken boy in his arms and sighed.

"Can we be alone please?" Gerard asked quietly but Jess looked hesitant.

"I swear we wont make a run for it. But can we just spend this time alone?"

Jess nodded and then turned to leave.

"I'll lock the door." she stated.

Gerard's eyes met Frank's.

"Let's make this hour count, yeah?" whispered Gerard, as he leaned in and his lips met Franks.

Gerard only got his answer when he felt Frank's hands slide under his shirt and across his chest.