Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 3 - Nightmares and Hot Water

"Frankie. Frankie? Wake up." A soft voice filled my ears.

I could feel the sun's rays on my skin, and the birds singing happily outside.

Opening my eyes I saw her. Black long hair, a wide smile and loving eyes. My Mom.

"Sleep well?"

I felt myself nod and grin sleepily.

"We're going out for a while. Okay? Maybe get a new CD for your collection whilst we're at it. How does that sound?"

"Yeah! Thanks Mom. Can we get the Ramones greatest hits? Can we?"

I saw her face light up as she laughed and I couldn't help but grin too.

"Sure thing Frankie, That's a great choice. You're gunna be a little rockstar before we know it."

Her grin was replaced with a fond smile and she ran her hand through my hair as I got out of my warm bed.

"I just want to tell you how proud I am of you. Your the best son I could have asked for."

"And your the best Mom, I could have asked for" I replied, this conversation was one we had often. I knew my Mommy loved me.

She smiled and nodded. She pulled me into a warm hug.

"I love you Frank. Now get ready,” she whispered in my ear.

...

"The KKK Took My baby away!" I sang along with my Mother. The glare of the sun reflecting onto my Mom's face, making it look like it was glowing.

She looked across at me, smiling.

"I love you Frankie."

I opened my mouth to reply but all that came out was a loud scream as the car came into contact with a truck. A bright, painful light flashed and then came the darkness.

When I opened up my eyes again I felt ill. The car was upside down and it hurt to move,

"Mom? Mommy?" I whispered

No answer. Just silence.

I tried to turn in my seat but I stopped once I felt the pain.

"Mom!" I cried, feeling tears running down my face, mixing with blood.

A siren. I heard a siren maybe they can wake my Mom up! Desperately I forced myself to move, coming face to face with my Mother's beautiful features.

Her flawless face was white, contrasting with the red blood across her neck and around her nose. Her eyes were closed and she looked so peaceful. Too peaceful.

"I love you...” whispered, as my vision started to blur.


***

"NO!" I woke up screaming, Almost falling into the damn river.

I quickly wiped away the tears and looked around. Confused at the time.

Flashbacks. Damn flashbacks. They've always haunted my dreams.

My mind was always plagued with the picture of my dead Mother's face. Her beautiful face. The last time I ever saw her.

I sighed and tried to work out the time. By the looks of it, it was early. Meaning I had unusually slept through the night.

I crawled out from under the dirty bridge and stretched before grimacing. God I need to wash.

Slowly I started walking in the direction of the swimming pool. As I had already worked out, it was early morning. Nobody goes swimming around here in the morning so I'm safe to use the showers, if I can avoid the shitty lifeguards.

The dingy building looked slightly abandoned from the state of it, and as I predicted, inside it practically was.

I waited until the secretary person had turned around. She was chewing on bubble gum, talking on the phone and twirling her hair around her fingers. How cliche.

Rapidly, I ran past her and carefully made my way around the corner. Almost in the showers.

"Hey Sandy, I just see someone come in?" asked a deep voice. I took a deep breath... shit I'm caught.

"No don't think so Mr. P" replied the preppy girl, apparently named Sandy. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued my mission to get into the showers.

I managed it without being seen and quickly stripped off, leaving my clothes in sight. Hot water was a rare thing for me and it made my skin tingle and burn slightly, but it was a welcome feeling. I dried myself off using a towel that some rich idiot had probablynforgotten and didn't need and then got re-dressed.

Hurriedly, before any swimmers came I ran out.

The smell of chlorine stung my nose and I began to walk away.

"Hey you! Hobo Kid!"

Shit. Not now.

"Don't ignore me you shitty little rat!"

Turning around I saw a gang of people. Probably around my age or maybe a little older. They began walking towards me. Fuck Fuckidy Fuck Fuck.

This was not going to end well.