Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 31 - Destiny

Gerard felt Frank’s hand squeeze his own.

”We’re gunna make it Gerard” Frank spoke with a voice that was only just audible.

Gerard still didn’t look up but continued twisting the stiff bed covers.

The two now, fully clothed boys, sat on the edge of the hospital bed, both had tears pooling in their eyes.

”Gee, look at me”

Gerard granted him this wish and his eyes met with Frank’s green orbs of hope.

”H…how?”

”We’ll find a way. It’s our destiny”

”You really believe that? That destiny will make everything alright?” sniffed Gerard

”No, we create our own destiny. We will make everything work. I feel it Gee, deep inside, every time I look at you I just know… it’s meant to be.

Gerard couldn’t argue with Frank’s statement, because he felt it too, but it just seemed that every force in the universe was determined to rip apart the couple and tear their love to shreds.

Frank rested his head on Gerard’s shoulder and Gerard took this opportunity to kiss his cheek.

Suddenly the calm moment was interrupted by a hesitated knock at the door.

Gerard cleared his throat and then called for the person to come in.

There was a noise of a key turning in the lock and then the door swung open.

Jess stood there, her eyes full of sympathy as she took in the scene before her.

”Gerard…your parents are here.”

Frank removed his head from its resting place and looked at his feet while Gerard nodded slowly as a tear found it’s way down his cheek.

”Would you like to come and… see him off?” sniffed Jess

Gerard’s head turned to the boy next to him and watched as his head nodded grimly.

Jess brought over a wheelchair for Frank who was exhausted both physically and emotionally.

Gerard helped lift him and they where soon moving down the corridor.

Gerard’s squeaky shoes mixed in with the clicking of Jess’ heels and the whirring noise of wheels.

They where directed into an empty room and Jess told them to wait there while she informed Gerard’s family that he was ready.

As soon as she left the room Gerard let out an agonizing sob and fell down to Frank’s level.

”I don’t wanna go Frankie…”

”This isn’t goodbye Gerard, trust me.”

”B…but how will I know where you’re gunna be?”

”Wait for me at the bridge.”

Gerard put his hands on Frank’s cheeks and pulled him in for a deep kiss, his tongue battling for entry, which was granted, and he began massaging Frank’s tongue.

Gerard felt hot tears run down his face but continued the kiss.

They broke apart for air and Frank smiled at him, shattering his already broken heart.

”I love you Frankie.”

”I love you too Gee, and I always will. Remember my words to you in those disgusting toilets?”

Gerard nodded, he knew that he would never forget those words as long as he lived.

” I'll always be with you. Even if I'm miles away, cause no matter where I am, I will always remember you, always think about you, talk about you, wait for you... until we are united again.” Gerard whispered,

”That still stands… I meant it with every cell in my body They're not gunna get us Gee.”

Gerard nodded and smiled at Frankie.

He quickly dropped it however when Jess appeared at the door.

”It’s time Gerard,” she said sadly.

He stood up without a word. His eyes met Frank’s and he understood. No words where spoken between to two, but they knew. This was not the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
No that was not the last chapter, sorry it took a few days but I am deathy ill (again) because I have a sucky immune system... Thanks for reading, Please comment ^_^