Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 33 - Battle

Gerard watched as his Mother quickly made her way into the kitchen while Mikey made some excuse about homework and retreated upstairs to his bedroom.

It was between them now. The father and the eldest son... were battling it out.

There was a tense silence as a stare off began, neither of them losing eye contact. Gerard's face was pulled into a grimace while his fathers was more of a smirk.

"We found you fag" was finally spat across the room, signaling the start of the fight.

"So you did... congratulations,” Gerard said cockily

"You listen here brat, you're dead fucking meat. I don't know who you think you are but you belong to me and you will follow MY rules... got that?" his father uttered coldly

Refusing to answer Gerard just stood there, arms crossed with one eyebrow raised.

He had taken enough of his father's bullshit throughout his life, and he would not let him ruin the one thing in his life that he actually cared about... that he actually loved.

"So that's how his is going down 'ay?"

"Pfft whatever old man" Gerard said as he rolled his eyes. Before he could even comprehend his father moving he felt hands around his neck. Looking up at the merciless eyes that were full of evil and hate, Gerard felt his stomach turn.

"It's time you learnt some respect,” snarled his father.

The first punch came, as a complete surprise to Gerard, never had his father physically hurt him. The second made him wince but by the third he had braced himself for the impact. As he tried to fight back it was soon clear it was futile and he soon gave up altogether.

The sound of skin on skin echoed around the house, some followed by a whimper, others by an insult.

Gerard felt a ring catch his cheek and tare open his fragile skin. Blood began to leak slowly down, leaving a clotting wound on his already bruised face.

He withdrew a pained breath and concentrated on holding in his tears. Pain attacked his upper body like a speeding truck and every thump of his heart sent a wave of nausea.

As Gerard's body became numb and his mind entered a strange trance memories floated around his head. Frank's laugh flooded his senses as a picture of the huge grin that Gerard had fallen in love with gave him hope.

He was almost so absorbed with Frank's memory that he didn't realize that his Father's blows had weakened before stopping altogether.

"Now run to your room fuckface...before I really do some goddamn damage you ungrateful bastard!" Screamed his father, whose face had a purple tinge.

Gerard stared at the yellowing teeth that had the aroma of stale coffee infecting them, as he comprehended his directions.

He could feel eyes on his as he shakily stood up and moved towards the door. He placed his hand on the handle and turned one last time to look at his father.
Once again their eye's met and Gerard knew, that his father had won the battle.

As soon as he lay down on his long abandoned bed he felt water leak down his blood stained face.
He cried because of the pain.
He cried because he missed Frank.
He cried for the childhood he lost.
He cried because he has lost his brother.
And he cried because everything looked so damn bleak.

As the door creaked Gerard rapidly tried to wipe his face clean and dry. Unsuccessful he looked up and was met with the tear stained face of his brother.

Mikey lifted his hand and brought it to Gerard's wounded cheek.

"Oh God...I’m. I’m so sorry Gee,” he whispered

Gerard shook his head and pulled the youngest Way into an embrace as the two brothers tears fell to the floor and mixed.

As they hugged they both cried, shaking heavily. Mikey whispered apologies over and over into Gerard's ear.

And as Gerard noticed the way that the tears of both the boys mixed and fell to the floor as one he took it as a symbol.

And it was at this moment that Gerard knew. His father may have won the battle. But he had not won the war.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back in Britain so after a hecktic week in the states I'm able to update ^_^
Thank's for sticking with me as I took a little vacation, and I just want to point out that Don't Let Them Grind You Down has also been updated. So thanks for reading and as always please inspire me by commenting! <3 xoxo Beth