Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 35 - Don't Look Back

His head was in agony but Gerard was determined to get out of bed. For the past week, since his separation from Frank he had been living in hell.

With every hour that past that he did not have contact with Frank, Gerard could almost feel his soul begin to rot from the inside out and it was painful.

His parents had put him on some sort of house arrest, he was under supervision for most of the day and his room had a new addition in the form of a lock. Mikey had tried to calm them down but to no avail.

Gerard's thoughts were filled with Frank. When insults were screamed at him by his father his eyes glazed over and visions of his lover comforted him, when physical abuse was a factor in an argument between son and father Gerard just thought back to the memories he had with Frank and he soon became numb to the numerous hits to his worn out body.

But Mikey had no soul mate to think of. He had to watch his respected father beat and attack his beloved brother to the point of bloodshed and he couldn't do anything to prevent the abuse, he knew this but it didn't make him feel any better.

He saw his brother crave for his lover, how the separation was tearing him apart worse than any beating. The Way brothers had began to crack, their broken relationship, which had once been so strong, seemed beyond repair and talks and interactions were awkward and Mikey realized how selfishly he had acted on discovering Frank in the attic. The brothers had outgrown the bond they once shared and now the only thing keeping them together was pity and situation.

So when Gerard opened his bedroom door that early morning he was shocked to find his little brother standing there with determination in his eyes.

"Mikey?"

"Gerard...we need to talk"

Surprised at his brother he opened his bedroom door wider and Mikey stepped into the room.

"Gee...I can't take the way they've been treating you knowing that I'm responsible for it." Mikey whispered and Gerard shook his head in response

"None of this is your fault Mikes" Mikey ignored this and carried on with his point.

"I know how much Frank meant to you, and I truly regret what I did...if he makes you happy then he's good in my books."

Gerard smiled at this, and then urged Mikey to continue.

"Well...Dad trusts me as you know, and I have some information that I can use to help you escape this nightmare...but I'll have to know something?"

Gerard looked confused and Mikey sent him a sad smile.

"Promise me, when you go...don't look back, you can never look back okay?"

"I don't understand..."

"Forget this past, this family...Dad, Mom and…me, we'll only hold you back okay? I don't want that, you're better than all of us Gerard you always have been, that's why Dad hates you so much" Mikey was sobbing by now

"Mikey..."

"No don't Gerard, you have to understand... our bond, what we had is gone... we've both changed too much and you know it. You were always meant to break free, be different and do something with your life... but my destiny has always been to become an average citizen with an office job and a sensible wife and maybe a few kids... I can't keep holding you back... I love you too much for that."

Gerard had his head down, his black shaggy hair hung over his face, hiding it from view.

"I never wanted to lose you Mikey...but I think it was inevitable... so I promise...I'll never look back but Mikey, I will never forget you either...." Gerard sobbed and when he brought his face up so that he could look his brother in the eye he could hardly see due to the tears pooling in his eyes.

"Thank you Gerard. I love you..."

" I love you too Mikey, I always will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay a kinda Way brothers tearjerker, I apologize for the lack of action, but I felt a brotherly heart to heart was needed ^_^
Hmmm so what's Mikey's plan then? Well looks like you will have to wait until I post that part... =D

Chapter dedicated to IxDONTxLOVExYOU cause it was her birthday a few days back
...oh and It's Tre Cools birthday... to anyone who cares XD so yeah... happy birthday to Tre ^_^

Thanks to you all for reading, please make my day and comment cause I really don't want to have to nag for feedback =P
Love Beth
xoxo

Edit: I finally added a playlist to this story ^_^ So yeah, check it out =)