Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 38 - Park Fights

This is the second update today, so please check that you caught part 1

Frank had been attending Foxhole High now for almost two weeks, and he seemed to fit in just fine.
Most of the kids who attended were from bad backgrounds and had some sort of problems or mental scarring.

The school was just had Frank had imagined, cheaply decorated with work of pupils scattered against the peeling walls, the teachers didn’t really care about too much about the work, just about the welfare of their pupils. It was a really nice atmosphere, and it was plainly obvious that the staff had tried to make the best of what they had been given.

The pupils however, Frank felt there was no way he could have imagined. So many different characters… most of them were okay but they’re a few who you didn’t want to mess with.

It was finally Friday at Foxhole High, It had been a tiring week and Frank was lying on his bed, covering his eyes with his arm.

A knock at the door made him jump out of his daze and he lazily called for the intruder to come in.

The door swung open and there stood a boy that was slowly becoming Frank’s best friend in Foxhole, Alex.

He was of average height and had blond hair. He was into some decent music, which is how he and Frank had gotten talking.

”S’up dude?” Frank yawned as he stood up and made his way towards Alex.

”Me and a few of the others are going down to town… you coming?”

”Uhh…I dunno”

”Aww come on, it will be fun…I’m sure some of the posh brats will be there…maybe we can have a good ol’ fight!” exclaimed Alex.

Frank smiled at how excited Alex got at the thought of mild violence and then nodded his head… it could be interesting right?

So about an hour later Frank found himself walking with a group of 9 boys down a dark street with a cold breeze blowing through his hair.

But something was different… a sense of excitement was ringing around the abandoned streets, but it seemed only Frank was aware of it.

After grabbing two pizzas and splitting them between the boys grew restless as they fooled about and had fun. Frank finally felt like he belonged somewhere, yet his heart still yearned for Gerard.

Frank laughed and he yelled with his new friends, they seemed to accept him and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed as they aimlessly walked around.

A park caught Frank’s eye and a distant memory of sitting together with Gerard, in front of a crackling fire, made a small smile appear on Frank’s lips.

Alex must have caught Frank staring at the park, with a look of pure happiness on his face, as he began walking towards the small wooded area, making sure his friends were following.

Frank grinned at him as a way of saying thanks. However when they reached the park they found that they were not the only ones there.

A group of boys stood there with crossed arms, their green blazers stood out in the dim light.

”It’s the brats” muttered Alex and Frank immediately felt the tension rise and the boys smirked and cracked their fingers, anticipation for the fight was written all over their faces.

Frank didn’t feel like fighting… violence was never really his thing. So as the two groups of boys advanced on each other, using his skills of being invisible for all those years, Frank snuck away from the crowd.

Walking alone across the park brought up bad memories of the many years he spent in solitude. Shaking his head to try and rid his mind of the demons Frank spotted a swing set.

He looked around, decided nobody was going to miss him for the time being, and sat on the cold hard seat, leaning his head on the metal chain.

Frank stayed like that for a few minutes, watching as his breath formed crystals in the air. Footsteps approached him, yet still he did not move.

Expecting Alex to sit next to him and start asking questions, Frank let out a deep sigh of frustration.

But when a flash of green invaded Frank’s eye line, he froze. Shit… had one of the “Brats” come for him?

Frank kept his head down so his hair, which was getting quite long, covered his face.

Now that Gerard wasn’t here to protect him… what was he going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback on the second part?