Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 39 - Fated Mistakes

Gerard was so sick of the lifestyle at the Academy.

He was fed up with the stuck up snobs that attended the school, he was fed up with the stupid lessons that he had to endeavor every day while he thoughts lingered over Frankie and he was god damn sick of the moss green uniform which turned Gerard sick every time he caught a glimpse of himself.

He had known it was probably a mistake to agree on an outing outside of school grounds to the nearby town, but something compelled him to go. Whether it was his urge for human contact that was growing with his increasing loneliness or whether it was just fate, he would never know.

But when he followed the gang of boys into a park, which was lit up by a dim orange glow that was emitted from an old streetlight, he felt content, as pictures of Frank grinning in the soft flickering light of a fire floated throughout his mind and he smiled a little.

"I'll always be with you Gerard. Even if I'm miles away, cause no matter where I am, I will always remember you, always think about you, talk about you, wait for you... until we are united again."

Gerard was oblivious to ripple of excitement that ran through his companions as he turned his back on them and began walking away from them.

It was times like this, where he was alone with his thoughts, that he missed Frank the most.

Gerard felt that everything about his lover was perfect, his laugh, his personality, his looks and his bravery, they all added up to make Gerard's heart yearn for the small boy.

As his mind whirled with memories Gerard didn't even notice where he was walking to until the creaking noise interrupted his thoughts.

A swing set stood in a seemly random place and Gerard smiled, he knew how much Frankie would love the rusty children’s toy.

As Gerard drew closer to the swings he noticed someone sitting on one of the seats. Figuring he could use someone, that didn't wear moss colors, to talk to he made his way over to the body.

From the back he could make out it was a male with dark hair who looked quite short.

'It almost looks like Frank’, Gerard thought to himself.

He felt the boy tense up as he sat down, and to not alert his new found "friend" he stared at the ground for a few minutes. The wind grated along their skin and Gerard felt his hair taking off in the cold breeze.

Finally getting bored of the awkward silence Gerard looked up to study the boys face at closer detail.

And in that instant, Gerard finally believed in what Frank called Destiny.

Because there sat the most beautiful person that Gerard had ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on.

He hadn't changed over the few weeks separation, sure his hair was longer, giving him an older look and his face gave out a look of maturity that replaced the innocent look that Gerard had grown so familiar with.

But it was still him.
In the flesh.
Frankie.

Gerard rapidly jumped up, almost giving himself whiplash and also making Frank jump out of shock. The younger boy turned to give the intruder some harsh words, but almost immediately his frown melted into a look of pure shock.

"GEE!" he squealed as he too, took to his legs and launched himself at Gerard

They embraced for a few minutes, almost squeezing to the point of pain.

Happiness was flowing around the two boys, as they were re-united.

"I can't fucking believe this!" Gerard whispered when they finally broke apart. He ran his cold fingers over Frank's face as his lover wrapped his arms round his waist.

"I missed you so much Gee!" Frank admitted and moved his hands so that he could access Gerard's head.

He maneuvered the taller boys head so that their lips connected and warmth spread throughout their bodies. Tongues exchanged what words could not say.

So the two young lovers were re-united. And they couldn't be happier about that, not even caring on how it happened.

But their reasons for being in that park that night was what would also bring yet another obstacle for the pair.

Frank was the first to realize, as he ran his hands over Gerard's green sweater.

Gerard noticed his partners smile drop slightly as he inspected his clothing.

"What's the matter honey?"

"Gee...you're...you're one of them?"

And as the boys face scrunched up in confusion, Frank knew that his lover had no clue of the war between the two schools. The two schools that Gerard and Frank attended.

"We're supposed to hate each other Gee..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's a few days late but as per usual I'm ill again dammit. T_T

Sorry there's not much action but I wanted a more sentimental chapter, with Gerard included in the begining.

Feedback = Love
Let me know what you thought?