Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 40 - Modern Romeo and Juliet

"What? How?" Gerard said, terrified of what his lovers reply would be.

He was angry with the angels for ruining his and Frankie's moment, the happiest moments in their relationship were always taken away before the young pair could enjoy the feeling of joy.

"This school..." Frank whispered bringing his finger up to the badge on Gerard's sweater.

"Hates my school. The only reason we're together right now is going to tear us apart,” Frank sobbed, his voice rising towards the end of the sentence.

"Shh, calm down Frankie..."

The younger boy's sobs halted and left silent tears to run down his face.

"Let's start from the beginning. Everything that's happened since we were torn apart. 'Kay?"

Frank nodded slowly and allowed himself to be wrapped up in Gerard's embrace.

He told the whole story of Jess, the hospital bills, being taken away from the hospital and finally his new school.

Gerard listened intently as Frank explained his school's location, about the teachers, his lessons and the pupils. His warm breathe hitting Gerard's neck

Frank grew silent and Gerard cocked his head at the boy who was now staring at him.

"Well? What about you?"

"Me? Well... Dad and I, well we had some issues. Mikey's kinda okay with us now. I think... and to cut a long story short, my father would rather pay a stupid amount of money to send me away than to put up with a "fag of a son", although Mikey may have had something to do with it being so far away..."

"Did Mikey know I was being sent to the school down the road?"

"I...I have no idea, that thought actually hadn't passed my mind." Gerard made a point of asking his brother that, next time he saw him. If ever he saw him again.

"Gee?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about your Dad... I know what it's like, and I don't care if you say it's fine or that you don't care, because trust me you do care and it will hurt. Even if you don't know it yet... but I just wanted you to know I'm always here for you to talk to..."

Gerard was speechless and his only response was a short nod of his head. Frank had hit a spot inside him that Gerard hadn't seen for years.

It was the part of him that craved for his father's approval, his trust and his love. The craving that would never be put at rest.

Gerard met his lover’s wide eyes and smiled as they shone in the moonlight, showing the bright innocence that Gerard thought he had lost.

"I love you Frankie"

"I love you too Gee Gee"

Frank opened his mouth to say something else but another voice rang through the park.

"Frank! Frank dude, where the hell are you?"

"Shit!"

The boys sprang apart and Gerard already felt incomplete without the extra body heat.

"I can't bear to lose you again Gee!" Frank's fear was obvious in the shaking of his voice.

"You wont, this time we'll make it."

Frank smiled but dropped it when his name was shouted again.

"What do we do?"

"Meet me here again, next Friday night." Gerard said before kissing him on the lips lightly.

"We're like a modern day Romeo and Juliet" Frank laughed

"Shakespeare ain't got nothing on us kid" Gerard whispered as Frank's hand slipped out of his grasp and he ran in direction of the shouts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 40 everyone!!!
Woooah, I cannot put my appreciation into words for you wonderful readers so I'm just gunna give you all my love ^_^
ha ha so feedback is loved - I know this is kinda fillerish but hey you gotta have 'em.

Thanks to StupidMF for the inspiration for the last line. ^_^