Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 41 - Home

“Seriously dude, have you got fleas?” Alex laughed as he watched his new friend twitch and fidget behind his desk.

He loved Fridays as much as any kid, but Frank was so excited Alex was afraid he might actually explode pretty soon.

Alex was not the only one to notice Frank’s change in behavior, the teachers had most defiantly seen their newest pupil transform from the shy boy in the back of class to the hyped up kid who seemed to have the attention span of a goldfish.

Some put it down to it being a Friday, while others simply thought he had finally settled down in the school.

Frank however was unaware of anything that wasn’t Gerard. He hadn’t even glanced at the math problems that were on the board, nor had he had a decent conversation with anybody that whole day.

He was literally counting down the seconds till the bell went, signaling freedom for the students.

Frank had attempted to hold back his excitement, and it had worked pretty well but now it was last lesson with only a few minutes left and there was no way he could manage it.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, the shrill ringing bounced off the walls of the classroom.

A few kids high fived their friends and others hissed a “yes” under their breath.

However when Alex turned around to give his buddy some skin, he was nowhere to be seen.

In fact Frank was already halfway up to his room, messenger bag bouncing as he took 2 steps at a time. He had to avoid kids that were trying to pull suitcases down the staircase, so family could pick them up but finally he was on his floor.

After locating his key and bursting through his door, Frank dropped his bag on the unmade bed and began digging through his closet.

For the first time since knowing Gerard, Frank actually had some decent clothes of his own and he was dying to show them off.

Realizing he had hell of a lot of time to kill, Frank stripped of and made use of his shower.

A droplet of warm water dripped off Frank’s hair and onto his red T-shirt, making the boy shiver slightly.

He stared at his reflection in the cracked mirror and nodded in approval, it will do.

A knock at the door disturbed Frank’s daydreams of what Gerard was going to be wearing and he sighed before shouting at the intruder to come in.

The cheap door opened to reveal Alex, hands shoved in his pockets and wearing a dopey grin.

”Hey dude, what’s up?” Frank asked distracted as he towel dried hi hair.

”You still up for tonight?”

”Huh?”

”Gah you’re a sieve brain, a bunch of us are going to a party… remember?”

”Oh shit yeah!”

”So are you in?”

”I totally forgot! I can’t come sorry dude”

”How come?”

”Uh…My...I’m going home for the weekend, yuh know to see everyone.” Frank was surprised at how easily the lie slipped off his tongue

”Oh okay, your loss anyways” Alex sighed dejected

There was an awkward silence in the small room, until Alex glanced around.

”So where’s all your shit?”

Frank panicked, of course he hadn’t packed anything, this wasn’t part of the plan.

”I haven’t got around to that yet, jeeze who do you think I am, Marry Poppins?” laughed Frank

Alex seemed to accept yet another lie as he joined in with the laughter.

Frank hurriedly grabbed a bag and once again, began rummaging around in his closet, well aware of Alex’s eyes on him.

One pair of black jeans and 2 tops where shoved into the bag along with socks and boxers. Next went in deodorant and his toothbrush and lastly a comb.

After he zipped up the bag, Frank glanced at the clock.

”Okay, I really gotta go Al’ I’m so sorry.”

”It’s fine, I wont hold it against you.” Grinned Alex

”Enjoy the party! Wear protection…” Frank laughed as both boys exited the room.

”Will do! Enjoy home!” Alex called as he walked down the hall to his room.

And as Frank locked the door, bag slung over his shoulder, he smiled.

Because really, he hadn’t lied to Alex. Much.

”When I'm with Gerard, I am home..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I was struck down with writers block.
Sorry for the filler-ish chapter but it's necessary.
Feedback is loved and also helps when it comes to finding out what I'm doing right and what can be improved - so let your voice be heard!
Thanks again for reading xo
P.S: Yes I changed the last line due to my vision of Gee as a house being too damn desturbing...