Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 5 - Remorse

Gerard's POV

I watched Frank's image disappear towards the grimy back alleys. I kept shouting his name, but he didn't come back.

I can't believe what a stupid fuck I am. I just went and fucked up a... well not a friendship but a possible friendship... gah what a jerk I am!

I was about to run in the direction of the boy that I could not stop thinking about since I had first laid eyes on him when I heard shouting.

"C'mon Gee! I wanna go home and grab some food!"

Mikey, wonderful fucking timing, as usual. I sometimes think that siblings where made to annoy.

I let out an angry sigh and turned to face my brother. His glasses where hanging off his nose as he peered into a new comic book.

"Right, come on then" I snapped

"God, what crawled up your ass and died?"

"You know if Mom found out you said that she'd kill you."

"You know if Mom found out about half the stuff you did, said or thought, she'd kill you, bring you back from the dead and kill you again."

"Point taken"

We walked home in silence and my mind was full of thoughts. Where was Frankie now? How long has he being homeless? It's not safe to be living on the streets in this area!

I wonder if I'd ever see him again, I hope so. I really want to help him out.

"Boy's you're back!" smiled my Mother as she stirred something in a pan. Mikey nodded and walked over to have a nose of what she was cooking. My Mom's cooking was the nicest ever!

"Where's Dad?" I asked and her smile faulted for a few moments

"He said he was going to do some extra shifts."

I nodded. Extra shifts? Like fuck, he's just off with his secretary! And Mom knows it. She's just staying together for me and Mikey, but I doubt listening to them argue every single night gives us any precious childhood memories.

'At least you've got a roof over your head' came my conscience

Immediately guilt came flooding into my body as I thought of Frank... no parents, no house, no warmth and no food.

And he was about my age, if not a little bit younger. He was short but he could’t have been a few months younger than me, although his eyes showed so many painful memories and experiences - his eyes were too old for a kid.

When food was served up the mood went from uncertain to just plain awkward, what with there being 4 chairs and 3 of us, all 3 knowing where Dad was. Mom held up strong and insisted we ate like a proper family, around the dinner table. As soon as my plate was empty, I stood up, dumped my dishes in the sink and escaped to my bedroom.

I put my David Bowie CD on and fell into an uneasy sleep, still dressed and lying in an awkward position on my bed.

*BANG*

I jumped up and looked wildly around my room as it was lit up for a few moments. I rubbed my eye's cautiously and made my way to my window where my curtains where flying off the pole. After managing to shut the window, I looked around to assess the damage and saw a puddle where the rain had blown in.

Grabbing an old hoodie, I mopped the cold water up before throwing it onto a large pile of dirty washing.

I stared out the dark window, my breath fogging up the window. Droplets of water ran down the glass and another bolt of lightning lit up the sky.

I had always loved storms, the electricity in the air, but this time my joy was interrupted by a loud nagging in my mind.

"Frank! Frankie's out in this! I need to go get him" but as usual there’s always that damn voice that disagrees.

"You've met him twice, both times you managed to upset him. You really think he wants to see you?"

"But it's freezing, he's gunna get sick if I leave him!"

I grabbed a coat and shoved it on over my jacket. I remembered to pick one up for Frank, and my heart melted as I pictured Frank sitting there in his soaking Misfits hoodie.

I quickly and quietly made my way down the hall. Almost having a heart attack when a door opened.

"Gee?" yawned Mikey, bed headed and without his glasses

"Yeah...shush Mikes, go back to bed okay?"

"Where are. *Yawn* going?"

"To grab a friend, now Shh, I'll be fine. Don't tell Mom"

Mikey seemed to consider this explanation then nodded and walked back into his room.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I ran down the stairs.
Towards the door.
Towards the storm
Towards Frankie