Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 50 - Stronger

For a scary moment. Frank felt his whole body and mind freeze up in shock. Dread swam around his body and his limbs refused to act.

After what felt like a lifetime but in reality,was only a few seconds, Frank seemed to kick start into action and Alex found himself being pushed backwards with force.

Alex felt anger and self hatred build up in his mind, believing that he was going to be the cause of a ruined friendship.

"A...Alex..." Frank stuttered, still in shock.

"I'm sorry Frankie. Frank. I thought you were... well yuh know..." he speech was rushed and his eyes darted around the room.

"It's not that." Frank said as he shook his head quickly.

"Oh... so it's me? I'm sorry Frank I..."

Alex muttered as he moved towards his only escape, the door that led to the hallway.

"No, listen Alex! You don't understand!! Frank pleaded, blocking the exit.

"Oh, I understand plenty" Alex growled, trying to get past Frank's short body before giving up and storming into the open bathroom, slamming the door shut and clicking the lock shut with one swift motion.

Frank ran his hand through his hair and sighed exasperatedly. He'd never seen Alex so nervous and upset before, to Frank he was always confident, cocky and a great friend that he couldn't afford to loose.

His mind going 100 miles per hour and his lips still tingling with the feel of Alex, Frank slid down to the ground and lent against the cream coloured door, in the same manor he knew his best friend was doing on the other side.

"Go away Frank!"

"Not until you hear me out." Frank said desperately, upset at the muffled sobbing that came from inside the bathroom.

"There's nothing to explain!"

"There is... look Alex you're a really nice guy, fuck that- you're an amazing guy and I would totally tap that."

Frank smiled as he heard a small laugh through the wood.

"But?"

"But...I'm already with somebody."

The lack of response worried Frank until he heard a small voice ask,

"Who is he?"

"He's called Gerard, or Gee, I met him about 5 months back..."

"What's he like?" Alex asked, voice filled with curiosity and if he hadn't locked himself away, he would have seen Frank's smile appear and his eyes fill with love.

"He's kind, gentle and caring but also strong and real brave."

"Sounds like you."

"I'm not strong. Or at least when he met me I wasn't, everything I know about strength and determination came from Gerard, whether he knows it or not.

Alex's silence prompted him to go on.

"I lied to you Al."

"What? When?"

"When I was ten my mother died in a car accident that we were both involved in. I watched her die. Soon after, my father turned into a monster - I couldn't take it so I ran."

"Where did you go?" Alex sniffed

"Onto the streets. I survived there for six damn years. Alone."

Frank felt tears slide down his cheeks and jumped when the lock clicked on the door he was leaning on. He moved away from it and Alex stepped out before sitting next to Frank.

"I'm sorry... I really am, I had no idea."

"It's my fault, I should have told you."

"So what happened next?"

"I met Gerard." Frank grinned.

"He looked after me, hell he took me in and even got kicked out for it."

"So how come you're here... yuh know. Alone?"

"We got caught, separated us."

"I'm sorr-"

"Don't be"

"What?"

"They were stupid, or his little brother was genius. Gerard got sent to a school near here too."

"That's where you went on the weekend?"

"Yeah..."

"But the only other school around here is..."

"The Academy" Frank smiled sadly.

"How the hell did you find each other?"

"We met randomly in a park."

"Wow. Sounds like fate."

"Fate, destiny or luck I don't give a shit anymore, as long as we're never separated again."

Alex looked down, deep in thought.

"Look... I'm sorry about that kiss."

"It's fine, as I said before I would totally tap that." Frank giggled, destroying the serious atmosphere.

"Shu'p" Alex grinned, leaning in slightly to punch Frank lightly in the arm.

"So it's a forbidden romance? How cliche."

"Oh shut the hell up... moron."

"Asshole."

"Dickwad"

The two boys grinned at each other once again, glad that their friendship seemed to have been made stronger rather then been destroyed.

"So, you're not weirded out by him being a brat?"

"Nah, if he's good enough for you - then he's good enough for me. He sounds pretty awesome too."

"He is."

The two sat there in a comfortable silence, deep in thought with their backs still up against the bathroom door.

"Oh my God! I totally forgot to tell you!" gasped Frank, his eyes going wide.

"What?"

"Yuh know that cute guy down the hall? Quinn?"

"The one who hangs with Bert, yeah?"

"That's the one!"

"Well what about him?"

"He totally wants to be in your pants!"

Alex's eyes lit up and both he and Frank began giggling hysterically.

And just like that - it was all forgiven and forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys *waves*
CHAPTER 50. Wow! We've come such a long way huh?

GAAH all of that dialog almost killed me. Almost.

So originally Alex was just going to be a kind of background character but this kinda came naturally so I thought it was only right to give him a chapter. And some action ;P

important
I know I promised this update a few days ago but I have an internship at this awesome newspaper - but it means it's in an editorial office meaning unlike when I was freelance and I could write what I wanted and pop it in to the office - now I have to go find stories and sit in the office to write them - hence not us much time to update.
I've also made my caffeine addiction about 10 times worse now -sigh-

But fear not my lovelies, I will update - I always find a Way ^_^ ha ha i love Way puns. -cough- sorry.

Right, thanks for reading!
Comments are love, come on celebrate chapter 50 with me!

All of my blessings and love,
Beth
xoxo