Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 51 - Sick

Friday rolled around slower than Frank would have liked, but it came - that's all that mattered. He left Alex, with the truth this time, departing with teasing sentences and knowing looks.

Frank found himself in one of the best moods he'd ever been in, everything was looking up - his best friend now knew the truth and accepted it, school wasn't too bad and best of all Gerard was all his.

He soon found himself running his usual route that he took to meet his beloved. Sure enough, as he came into view of the park he quickly spotted the lovable, shaggy black hair dancing in the wind as Gerard sat on the swing.

He made his way over, a grin stuck to his face and a skip in his step.

"Hey Gee!" Frank laughed as he bent down to Gerard's level.

"Oh, Hey Frankie" it wasn't the lack of enthusiasm that worried Frank, it was the sad smile that went along with it.

"What's wrong Hun?"

"I...it's nothing."

"Gee..."

"Leave it Frank!" Gerard snapped.

Frank felt fear rise up in his small body, was Gerard sick of him already?

"Urm... sorry."

Gerard let out a tortured sigh, he hated being the bad guy but he knew this was a bad idea, he was in a terrible mood and Frank didn't have to deal with it.

"It's not you Frankie... it's just..."

Frank felt relief will him with a soothing warmness as he realized that this wasn't his fault. Whatever this was...

"It's what Gee? Tell me, let it out."

Gerard was silent for a few minutes and Frank was left standing there, doubting everything that had ever happened between them.

"It's nothing Frank."

"Gerard. We did not go through all that shit and drama to end up here with no trust."

"I trust you!"

"Well then tell me what's making you feel like this!"

"Why? You can't do anything to help!" he he said frustrated

"Gerard, we agreed that we didn't have to be alone anymore, we isn't just one person Gee."

"B..but"

"I know it's always you protecting me or whatever, but you need help sometimes too Gee..." Frank said in a softer voice.

Gerard let out another sigh and forced himself to look into Frank's eyes and he felt a stab of guilt at the worry and fear that had he had resurfaced in the younger boy.

"It's just the kids at school... they fucking hate me Frankie."

"But what about Bob?"

"He's cool... but that's one person Frank. I just don't understand what I did to be so hated..."

"Oh... Gee, it will get better."

"No Frank, I knew it, you don't understand!" Gerard yelled, standing up to face the boy.

"Well then make me understand!"

"You have Alex and a bunch of other friends, most people like you and you're happy in school... I have nobody!"

"You have me!"

"Fat lot of good that does me when they corner me in the hallway!"

Frank didn't reply but stared at the floor, refusing to meet Gerard's pain filled eyes.

"It's fucking hell, day in day out beatings and abuse... I can't walk down the halls without somebody shouting at me or tripping me up..."

"I'm sorry Gerard."

"It's just so... fuck. I don't know."

"Tell somebody.. the teachers?"

"Yeah and then get the shit kicked into me more for being a tell-tale, gee thanks Frank."

"Move schools? Come to Foxhole!"

"My father would never hear of me in that school."

"What are you saying?"

"Have you seen the people in your school Frank? There's not one who hasn't been arrested or chased by police or..."

Gerard broke off as he saw Frank's eyes fill with tears.

"What do you know Gerard? You've never talked to them!"

"They're not the kind of people I..."

"I'm one of them, Gerard... so I guess I'm not the kind of person you want to be near." Frank spat.

"Frank that's not what I meant, you're taking everything the wrong fucking way."

"Well I'm sorry that my school isn't up to the standard that yours is, but I'm happy here."

"Well then maybe I should just go home." Gerard yelled as he turned to leave.

"Fine. Fuck you." Frank screamed, tears running down his face as he watched Gerard's retreating figure.

Soon he was a silhouette against the blood red sunset and Frank was just a heartbroken figure in a park, head in his hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
-eek-
I know, I know I felt really bad writing it.
[Don't kill me!]

I'm so sorry for the delay, but things have been crazy here and I really couldn't update.

This chapter is dedicated to:
Husky
Little Creep
crazyluv4mcr
kt-Scissorhands
Buffy-willow
Catastrophic Corie;;
dorkass
Erincer Walker

For commenting on the teaser =]
Thanks to you all! [If I missed anybody just shout at me xD]

Comments and feedback : Love
Thanks for reading!
Love Beth
xoxo