Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 54 - Speaker

Mikey tore his eyes away from the brain-numbing television show, and frowned at the phone. It’s shrill ringing echoing he stuffy room.

He yawned as he stood up lazily, before making his way lethargically over to the source of the disturbance.

”’Lo?” he sniffed into the speaker.

”Mikey!” That voice. It had changed, but there was no doubt about who it was. Maybe it was the hysteria that clung to the vocal chords or the fact that it hadn’t blessed his ears for many months. Whatever it was – Gerard was different.

”Gerard?”

”I can’t take it anymore Mikey.”

”Can’t take what?” he was confused – what had happened?

”This school… this place, his hell!”

”What? Didn’t you…”

”Didn’t I what Mikey?” Gerard sniffed pathetically.

”Find him?”

”Frank?”

”Yeah… him.”

”That was you? You knew?

”It took me hours to get them to tell me where he was. Nurses are so stubborn yuh know?” Mikey sighed

”But…”

”And then finding a school near by? Jesus, you’d swear they didn’t want to be found.”

”What about Dad?”

”He took some convincing, that’s school is fucking expensive.” Mikey laughed.

”Of course he’s never have let you go if he’d know that your fuck buddy was next door.”

”He’s not my fuck buddy!”

”He’s the love of your life… I know Gee, I know-“

”It’s…”

”Shush for a second ‘kay Gee?”

”I’m sorry for reacting the way I did before, I know I’ve already apologized – and you’ve already forgiven me, but I never explained why I did what I did…”

”I’m jealous Gee.”

”Of what?” he heard his brother exclaim and Mikey sighed heavily.

”Shut up! Remember?”

”Sorry.” Gerard whispered back.

”The way you looked at him. I just knew you loved him… adored him, even if you hadn’t realized it. He had the same look in his eyes… love.

You found your destiny Gerard, your soul mate… and I was shit jealous, you always get everything!”

”I fucking do n-“

”You got the talent, you can sing, draw, dance, motivate. You got the looks and the eyesight, you got Mom, and she loves you more than anything! You get the grades in school and now. Now you have the love of your life.

”You have friends! I never had-“

”I’ve been bullied my whole life, and this year I pretended to be somebody I’m not, and I finally have fake ass people who follow me around and pretend to be my friends because they think I’m rich. Wonder-fucking-full!

I want what you have! Somebody to hold, somebody who laughs at my retarded jokes, a best friend who never leaves my side, a person who I can tell everything to and they can just kiss it better! Someone who will just lay with me, who will never betray me, will stay through thick or thin… I want love. True fucking love.”

Mikey felt the tears run down his cheeks, but he ignored them and concentrated on the silence from the other end instead.

”Gerard?”

”I’m here.” He heard tears lacing his brothers voice.

”You’re crying. Why?”

”Me and Frankie…”

”What did you do?”

”I was annoyed, I said some things, and he said… he didn’t say anything.” Gerard sobbed.

”What!”

”I was fed up, being a punch bag in this school sucks as much here as is did there, and I went to meet him as usual, but I pissed off…”

Mikey nodded, he’d had experience with his brother, many a times, when he was in one of his moods and he knew it wasn’t fun to be on the receiving end.

”So where is he now?”

”He went back to his school… thinking he ruined my life.”

”So go over there and fix it.” Mikey shrugged.

”No.”

”What? Why?” his eyes widened.

”He doesn’t need me anymore.”

The sigh that escaped Mikey’s lips was a mix of frustration and love.

”Gerard, Gerard, Gerard. You fool!”

”What? He doesn’t!”

”So?”

”What the fuck do you mean so?”

”He still loves you. He still adores you. He still wants you!”

”But…”

”So he doesn’t need you to hold him up all of the time? He still needs you to pick him up when he falls. He still wants you to love him Gee, he still adores every single fucking inch of you!” Mikey felt his fists clench. Gerard’s stupidity frustrated him sometimes.

”And I just ruined all of that. I told him I was leaving.”

”Gerard, you prick! Get over there and fix it!” Mikey shouted exasperatedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to newjerseyatemywallet who is a new reader and read all 53 chapters! Gah I love all of you =D

oh and Happy Birthday to FallOutBrain =D

Sorry for the little delay, I've been so swamped with random shit lately.

But I saw Kill Hannah again on Sunday which was AMAZING, but my train was delayed coming home so I was stuck in Bristol for a few hours xD GAH.

[comment!!!]
Love Beth
xoxo