Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 57 - Monster

Update 2 of 2 - Check you caught the first one!

Alex walked slowly, enjoying the moisture on his flesh. It was weird, he's always despised the rain - it put out fire, caused floods and ruined plans... but here he was, his face up to the grey clouds, smiling as rain drops landed onto his face with a 'plop' and ran down his cheeks slowly.

Frank had changed him without Alex even realising it, deep down he felt different, he just didn't put it down to Frank.

He walked for hours, drenched from the water.

'It's God's tears' he thought. 'God's crying for the destruction of destiny, for the loss of innocence and for the splitting of soul mates.

It seemed unfair, Frank's broken and bruised heart was taken, repaired, healed and able to work again before it was smashed to jagged pieces in front of his very eyes.

Alex found himself wondering into the children's park, it was deserted except for a figure who was dressed in all black and sat on the swings, swaying back and fore lightly. He had his hood pulled up and his head down.

Figuring he had nothing else to do Alex sat next to the person. The boy looked up, startled, his green eyes were wide with shock and his black hair stuck to his forehead with the rain.

"Hi" grinned Alex.

"Uhh, hi?"

"Are you okay?"

"Not really..."

"What's up?"

"Do I know you?" the boy looked puzzled as he squinted at Alex. Alex simply chuckled and shook his head, still grinning.

"Nah, I'm just an intrigued stranger."

"Oh... well I'm just trying to think of ways to apologise to somebody..."

"You fucked up bad?"

"Majorly..."

"Sucks to be you."

"Yeah, it really does."

"M'sorry. What did yuh do?"

"You're kinda nosy..."

"I know, sorry - am I being too intrusive?"

"No... I guess I'm just a bit defensive."

"Nah, I'm a nosy fucker - it's cool, you don't have to answer."

"Thanks..."

"No worries."

"I'm Gerard." the boy held his hand out toward Alex for him to shake. Alex felt a shiver run through his body and pain run cramp into his stomach.

"Frank's Gerard?!?"

"What? Yes! How...?" Alex didn't give him the chance to finish, he grabbed him by the neck and pulled him up against the pole of the swings - trapping him.

"What the fu-"

"I thought you'd left... He thinks you've left!"

"No... I..I couldn't leave."

"You fucker!" he screeched.

"Who the FUCK are you?"

"I'm Alex mother-fucker!"

"Prison bait... his best friend? You're just trying to get in his pants, you're pathetic."

Alex growled and tightened his grip, watching in satisfaction as Gerard choked for air, his hands clawing at Alex's hands around his neck.

"You ruined him you bastard!"

The clawing stopped and Gerard's teary eyes met Alex's.

"I...I did?" he croaked

Alex sighed and let his hands fall to his side, Gerard slumped over, gasping for oxygen and rubbing his sore neck.

"I didn't mean to - I swear! I was angry, and I forgot how sensitive he is... He's made so much progress since I first met him - I just... forgot."

The anger ran out of Alex's veins almost as rapidly as it had entered. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, sending water everywhere.

"He's not eating, he's not sleeping, I can't get him to open up - I just don't know what to do anymore..."

"Oh fuck, oh shit... I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I've been trying to think of ways to apologise but I couldn't come up with anything good enough for Frankie."

"He said... he said earlier that he killed his mother, and that he killed Jay and he's sucking the life out of you. He thinks he deserves to be on his own" Alex whispered sadly, but Gerard heard every word.

"Oh my fucking God... I'm such a fuck up - such a fucking monster!"

"No, no it was a misunderstanding... everybody fights. Even soul mates right? You seem like a good guy, I'm sorry I lashed out on you like that." Alex spoke, eyeing up Gerard's neck, tainted with red splotches.

"I deserved it."

"Frank's going to kick my ass though." Alex smiled sadly.

"No he wont... I'm coming back with you."

"What?"

"I'm coming back to Frankie and need to tell him how fucking sorry I am..."

"He thinks you've gone home, left him here."

"Oh... fuck."

Alex thought it over before nodding slowly.

"Next stop Foxhole High... follow me please, keep all arms and legs inside the track at all times we take no responsibility for any trauma or illness caused by teary re-unions."

Gerard raised an eyebrow at the kid's weirdness, but he followed anyway, as long as it led to Frankie he would follow.
♠ ♠ ♠
ZOMG DIALOG... so a few of you may remember that I hate writing dialog... I'm really not confident at it so feedback would be so much appreciated.

How did you guys like Alex's and Gerard's interactions? I had to re-write this because I forgot this is actually the first time they've ever met face to face...

So I'm falling in love with Alex as a character... sue me.

Thanks for reading
Love Beth,
xoxo