Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 58 - The Future

Gerard closed his eyes, relishing these last few moments.

These last few moments where everything was so uncertain, nothing was mapped out and he could take any path he chose. Destiny was lost.

In a few minutes or so he would know, he would know if Frank could forgive him. It could lead to happiness, to a life lived alongside his soul mate, to what was right...

Or it could turn his world upside down, it could leave him alone and with no clue of what to do.

Gerard sighed and re-opened his eyes, he remembered his Grandma Elena once saying to him;

"Destiny is a funny thing Gerard, she has a plan all mapped out for each of us but when we might think we're following our path she may change it in an instant, leaving us on the floor as the rug is ripped out from beneath our feet... don't allow that to happen to you, fight for your path, don't let it out of your sight once you've found it and never let it get away. It belongs to you, the future is yours."

"She's right... I can't let Frank say no - this is not getting away from us so easily."

Gerard moved closer to the door that he's been staring at and held his fist out.

"Well, here I come destiny, whether you like it or not."

He knocked three times, the loud banging echoing down the long hallways. He waited for a few minutes and shook his head when there was no answer, Alex said this might happen.

He took the dull, golden colored key out of his back pocket, and then began to fiddle around with it in the lock. Finally a muffled 'click' was heard and Gerard removed the key, turned the door handle and stepped inside.

The room surprised Gerard, he was expecting a dark, gloomy atmosphere - imagining the curtains drawn and the lights off... but the reality was quite different.

The lights were off, but the curtains were wide open, allowing the blindingly bright grey sky to light up the room. The bed was made and the rest of the small room was spotlessly clean with nothing out of place. It was almost spooky how clean the place was.

"I already told you Alex, I'm not hungry."

Gerard jumped, his heart began beating wildly but he wasn't sure whether it was due to fright or just from hearing Frankie's voice again.

Frank was sitting on the floor by the window with his back to Gerard. His arms were wrapped around his legs and he had his head resting on top of his knees, staring out of the window at the dreary day below.

"Frankie?" Gerard whispered.

Frank froze for a brief moment before rapidly turning around, his eyes wide.

"G..Gerard?"

Gerard nodded and moved closer to Frank as the boy stood up clumsily.

"What...What are you doing here?" he whispered, shocked.

"Making things right." Gerard smiled sadly as Frank watched him cautiously.

"A...are you real?"

"What? Of course I'm real honey... what makes you think I'm not?" Gerard asked, confused by Frank's question.

"Every time I see you in my dreams, I see your face. It;s haunting me." The young boy whispered, his tear filled eyes focusing on the floor.

"I...I'm so sorry for what I did Frankie - you gotta believe me... I'm real and I love you.

Forgive me?" Gerard asked, opening his arms to Frank, praying to God.

Frank looked up, tears running down his cheeks.

Dread filled Gerard... Oh God no... please just give me another chance! I swear I'll look after this angel with all of my-

Gerard's thoughts were interrupted by Frank launching himself into his arms.

"I love you too Gee... I missed you so much" Frank sobbed, hugging his boyfriend tightly.

"I'll never do something so stupid again, I promise, I'm never going to leave you again." Gerard said as he too began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is more of the reunion in the next chapter, don't worry the fluff is coming. I know you've all been waiting for Frankie and Gerard to get back together =D

"Every time I see you in my dreams I see your face, it's haunting me" is from the song Every time by Britney Spears.

Happy New Year Everybody! Enjoy the last day of 2008! <3
and of course...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB BRYAR!

Hope you enjoy the last update of Street Kid before 2009! Comments would rule!

Oh and thanks to everybody who's following me on Twitter, now I don't feel so lonely, but I've only just figured out thew whole @reply thing so if you replied to me and I didn't say anything back, please don't be offended - just try again and hopefully I can reply back this time =P

For those of you who missed it: My Twitter come say hi or whatever, plus you can see when I'm writing or shout at me when I'm not xD

LOVE YOU ALL!
Have an amazing 2009!
Beth
xoxo