Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 59 - Forever Thankful

They sat in silence, Gerard had pulled Frank into his lap and was slowly rocking him back and for. Frank had his hand over Gerard's heart, listening to the steady beat which proved that he was real, he was alive and he was still there.

"Gee?" Frank whispered quietly, afraid to ruin the moment.

"Yeah Frankie?"

"I'm sorry"

"What for?" A confused Gerard asked quietly.

"Ruining your life..."

"Oh Frankie" Gerard wrapped his arms around Frank tighter and stopped moving back and for.

"you did no such thing - you hear me? What I said the other day, I didn't mean any of it - I was angry and I was an ass, I said some stupid things that I will never forgive myself for..."

"But whether you meant it or not doesn't matter Gee, It's still true. I pulled you away from your family, separated you and Mikey - made you argue. Because of me your stuck in a school that you hate, where you get hurt. I've taken away your future, you can't stay with me and not loose everything - I've learnt that I ruin lives... and I'm sorry."

"Listen to me, you have made my life better not worse. My family weren't exactly perfect before I met you, we always argued my Dad's always been a dick - my mother a pushover. Me and Mikey haven't been close in years but you know what?"

"What?" Frank asked, his eyes wide,

"The other day I picked up the phone and we talked, talked properly for the first time in years - and that was because of you. I asked him what I should do to apologize, he told me about how he was jealous of the bond between you and I... we haven't been so close since we were kids, and it's all thanks to you.

This school, it's no worse than my old one - I was just having a bad day, I've always been the bullied kid, I didn't expect it to change here... although the way I kicked the shit into them before I came over here may just alter that status.

And as for my future? If your not in it then I don't want it - Frankie I can't imagine living without you, I would rather live on the streets and be with you than be some rich dick who's without you. Do you understand? You make lives better, you've been hit by tragedy enough to be severely damaged, I understand this but I need you to realise that whoever you touch, you light up there world. Okay?"

Frank remained silent after Gerard's speech, taking in everything that Gerard had just told him, told him with such passion that Frank felt his heart beat a little bit faster.

"Okay Gerard. Thank you." Frank's teary eyes met Gerard's and they both felt dizzy with emotions

"I love you Frankie." Gerard spoke softly, putting his hand over Frank's, which was still resting above Gerard's heart.

"I love you too Gerard, and I always will."

They lay like that for a few minutes, thankful for their time together.

The moment was disrupted however when a large rumble erupted from Frank's stomach.

"Sorry" Frank giggled, his face red from embarrassment.

Gerard grinned at Frank's laughter and began untangling himself from Frank, groaning as the blood returned to his legs.

"No worries, you wanna go grab some food?" Gerard grinned, before helping Frank up.

"Yeah, I'm starved!"

Gerard recalled what Alex had said about Frank not eating and felt a stab of guilt shoot through his chest. He let it go for now though and kept the smile on his face.

"Wanna go ask Alex if he wants some grub?"

Frank turned to look at him suspiciously.

"You and Alex in the same room together? Sure you wont kill each other?"

Gerard chuckled, luckily Frank didn't know about the incident in the park yet.

"I swear, besides I want to thank him for looking after you while I was gone... and I want to get to know him."

This was the actual truth, if he was Frank's best friend then Gerard knew he needed to at least be able to stand the guy - or it would just lead to further conflict which would upset Frank... and he didn't want that at all.

Frank's face brightened as he thought about how cool it would be if Gerard and Alex became friends, he knew it was unlikely but he could least hope.

"Well... I need to get ready and whatever if we're going out in public." Frank laughed as he motioned to his messed up hair and baggy band t-shirt which hung past his knees, hiding his boxer shorts.

"Really? I think you look amazing whatever your wearing." Gerard smiled, letting the cheesy line hang in the air as Frank flipped him the bird. But he wasn't lying - Frank was beautiful and he was all his.

Frank picked up a brush from a table and ran it through his dark hair, he messed it up a little until he was satisfied and then picked up a pair of jeans that were lying, abandoned on the floor. Swapping the t-shirt he had on for a clean Black Flag shirt he inhaled as he put it on, still not taking clean, fresh clothes for granted. He would forever be thankful to the nurse, Jess for buying him the clothes... and for everything else she did.

Finally Frank was ready to go and he suddenly realised how hungry he actually was, so much so that pains were shooting through his stomach... how come he hadn't felt any of this while Gerard was gone? He didn't get hungry, thirsty or tired... he was just numb.

Shaking away his thoughts he turned to Gerard and grabbed his hand.

"Shall we?"

"We shall." Gerard grinned and together they left the room.