Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 6 - Rescue Me

I'm dying. I know it. my body can't take much more and it's shutting down, limb by limb, numbness filling my being.

The river overflowed under my bridge about an hour ago. The freezing droplets of water continue to fall and run down my numb face as I try to find shelter.

The liquid is picked up by the wind and shoots past my flesh and blurs my vision.

I jump as a huge noise fills the street, shortly followed by a blinding light.

Tonight is going to be the night I die, I'm pretty sure.

There is no way I'm going to be able to carry on much longer, I can't feel my limbs and my lungs feel like I've in hailed needles.

The darkness is once again interrupted buy a flash of lightning, and I carry on walking down the deserted streets.

Nobody is around, and I really don't blame them. Occasionally I catch a small child's face, peeking out from curtains, amazed by the storm.

I used to love storms. Until I found out what it was like to be stuck in one with no place to go.

My Misfits hoodie represents something close to a towel that's been thrown into a swimming pool and it's probably making things worse rather than better, the amount of water it's retaining. Why didn't I steal something warm <i>and</i> waterproof? Damn it.

My teeth are starting to hurt due to the way that they are chattering, and my lips are probably turning blue.

I have to stop walking for a minute while I cough, choke and splutter, it sounds like my lungs are finally giving up.

I panic as I feel the lack of air start to hurt, and I struggle to breath between the outbursts. I get a little warmth from the tears that have started to run down my cheeks, but I get no comfort from the heat, just reminded of how cold I really am.

My old jeans have soaked up rain and as I step in another puddle I feel my shoe fill with the muddy liquid.

I trip and fall to the floor, I realize I don't have the energy to get back up.

So this is it. It's over. The end... well, I knew it wouldn't last forever.

As the world starts to fade out my mind plays tricks on me. I think I see a blur of somebody running towards me.

It looks strangely familiar... Gerard? No way. So this is what it's like to die? You see people you know? Where's my Mom? Is she here?

It seems so real... he's crying and calling my name. he wraps a coat around me and picks me up, telling me it's going to be alright.

It's at this point I realize, this is real! He's actually here... he saved me!

I'm about to thank him when my lungs decide to try and kill me again.

He rubs my back as I cough and he pulls me into a doorway, providing some protection from the rain.

Everything that happens next is a blur.

Lights and colors flash past me. Rumbles of thunder sound so far away, along with Gerard's voice.

And then peace...softness, warmth and heat.... am I in heaven? Did I really see Gerard? Or did I die?

Not really caring I fell into a deep sleep, and miraculously for the first time in years, I'm not plagued by nightmares.