Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 8 - Friends Forever?

"Gerard?" I called, my voice sore and croaky, but loud enough

Where the hell was I? Was I in a bed? Like a real one? Oh fuck I'm dead. I knew it. I died and went to...heaven? Was heaven a big bed?

I jumped a mile as Gerard’s face appeared in front of mine. His black hair swinging back and forth

"Where.. Where am I?" I asked, pushing myself up.

"Well... uuh you see, I was worried about you so I went to see if you were, umm alright. I found you lying on the floor, soaking wet and cold so I brought you back to mine..." he explained nervously, chewing his lip.

"Oh... well thanks" I smiled.

Looking around the room I saw it was covered in sketches and band posters.

"You draw them?" I asked, and then regretted it. It sounded kinda rude, considering this guy saved my life.

His face lit up though and he nodded.

"You like 'em?"

"Yeah! They're great dude!" I said truthfully, my eyes scanning over a close painting of a zombie.

"Thanks... so you want something to eat?"

I felt my eyes go wide, and I guess he noticed this because he smiled sadly at me.

"Uuh... you sure? I mean you've done enough for me Gerard, I can just go and..."

"Nonsense! C'mon, let's go downstairs." he grinned, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed and towards the door.

My body ached a little bit and I was out of breath just from walking down the hallway but I followed him down the carpeted stairs anyway and looked at the family pictures as I went past.

"So who do you live with?" I needed to know who else was in the house. Possible threats.

“Just my Mom, my brother and my Father" he grinned but I could sense anger as he spoke of his Father.

"Don't you get on with your Father?" I asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs

"How the hell did you guess that?" he asked, his eyes wide with shock.

I shrugged and he lead me towards what I presumed was their kitchen.

"Well to answer your question, no I don't. Now, nobody's in so we've got all the food to ourselves." He said opening a fridge.

I let out a gasp as the sight of food hit my eyes. Oh my god...

"Help yourself,” grinned Gerard

"B..but I mean I don't wanna intrude..."

"Frank shut up and eat" he laughed, grabbing a couple of bars of chocolate, 2 yogurts, sandwiches, packets of chips and anything else he could grab. He grabbed some spoons and stuff out of a drawer and then we made our way back up to his bedroom.

He dropped everything on the bed and I just stared.

"Wow... I mean...Jeeze..." I stuttered I mean FOOD! Free food! What the hell? My luck has been shit for the past 6 years suddenly everything changes?

We ate in a comfortable silence; I couldn't eat much, no matter how much I wanted to.

"God I’m stuffed" I grinned; I hadn't uttered those words in fucking years.

I better not get to used to it though... Back on the streets soon.

As I realized that the only reason I was in a real fucking house was sitting in front of me I actually smiled. Properly, not cheesy, not cause someone said something funny. No, just cause I was happy.

"Thanks Gerard" I said

"No problem Frank"

"No seriously, if you hadn't showed up last night I'd probably still be lying there now. And for the food, I'm forever in your debt... but why did you do it? I mean I'm goddamn street trash..."

I felt my happiness disappear and tears replace my smile.

Before I knew it Gerard was hugging me...

"Frank, you're not trash! You deserve this food more than me! Don't ever say that again okay?"

I nodded slowly into his arms. This guy. Had to be some sort of guardian angel or something. Had to.

"Good. The reason I did it was cause were friends, and I couldn't just sit in a warm house and ignore the fact that one of my friends was out in a storm."

Jesus... did he just say I’m his friend? Is he joking? People like me don't have friends!

I nodded again and he hugged me tight.

"Friends forever?" he asked, pulling back out of our embrace.

I think my heart skipped a beat.

”Sure…Friends forever” I said and then looked back up to Gerard.

”Gee”

He smiled and then ruffled my hair.

”Frankie”A