Knights of Hell

The Hills

"Wow Sammy."

He jumped at her voice.

"Haven't seen you in forever." She emerged from the shadows.

"Max-where the hell-" He towards her but only to be roughly shoved back by the flick of her wrist.

She read the confusion on his face.

"Oh that's right. You don't know." She laughed. "I guess it has been forever. See, Sammy, there's a reason as to why you hadn't heard from me or Dean in over a year." Her eyes flickered black.

"No. What did you do to her?"
"This, this is me Sam. The new and improved me."
". . .but how?"
"Ask Dean."
"What did you do to him?"
"Oh I didn't do anything to him, it's what he did to me."

She raised her hand up and he felt an absent force holding him in place.

"Thing is Sam, you want to help every person that you can but you don't want them to change."
"Don't say that." Sam's eyes were beginning to fog with tears.

Deep down, she could feel Max wanting to rip through and yell for help. But she wasn't going to give in to her.

"Don't say that."
"Why not? It's the truth isn't it? I mean you didn't think we were actually going to save the world even if we died trying? It's time to wake up and see what's in store of us. Besides it's fun to be the bad guy for once."
"I'll never turn into a monster and I won't let you go down."

She looked behind her out to the street and then back at Sam.

"It's too late."

Her words echoed in the now empty alley. Sam felt the pressure release him and he caught himself on his palms. A thick ache sunk into his chest.

When she appeared in her room, she crumbled to her knees, letting out a heart wrenching cry.

"Oh for bloody sake."

She looked up and through her clouded eyes saw Crowley standing at the foot of her bed. Max stopped her crying and pushed herself to stand.

"What the hell do you want?" She wiped her stained cheeks.
"You're help."
"Why don't you just ask you're chew toy, Dean."

He rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't seem to be of any help."
"Well that's your problem."
"He's not what I had planned out to be. All he does is sleep around and sing in karaoke bars."

She sat down on her bed.

"You on the other hand, I see you're itching for something more." He approached her.
"I could have you doing more than just sneaking out to clubs and looking for a kill."

His offer was tempting.

"Say I do take you up on that. What will happen to Dean?" This was a question that Max was asking.

"He can stick to singing in bars if he wants to. I realize he wasn't fit for this though I do have to give it to him though, with what he did with you."
"When do I start?"
"As soon as you get rid of Sam."
"What?"
"Don't be vulgar, Max. Kill him."

Before she could say anything, he was gone.