Knights of Hell

The Tempted

For only a brief moment Dean had actually cared.

"Max?"

No response.

He checked her pulse and found it still throbbing. He cursed under his breath. Cautiously, he pulled her left arm over his neck and slipped both of his arms beneath her body. He carried her all the way up the remaining staircases and down the hall. With his foot, he pushed open her bedroom door and walked up to the bed. Deciding whether to just throw her or set her down gently. He eased her lifeless body onto the bed and sat down beside her.

Look what you've done.

That little voice inside his head began.

You could have killed her. She trusted you and you play this ruthless trick on her-

Dean jumped up and walked out slamming the door behind him. This jolted Max awake. She sat upright on the bed and rubbed her neck. Even with her gentle touch, she hissed at the pain. Craning her neck from side to side. Memories began to flood into her mind.

Dean. The staircase. Falling. Pure darkness.

She swung one leg over the bed and then the other. Standing, she walked into the bathroom. Her reflection stunned her eyes. Her hair was a mess, lipstick was smeared off and onto her chin, a scratch was streaked across her cheek, all she had on was her bra and her pencil skirt. She leaned against the sink with each hand on either side. With each second that passed, her wrath grew. Her knuckles turned white as she clutched the edged off the sink. Suddenly, she broke.

Her hand smashed the mirror, cracking it in certain places. Her sudden outburst lashed out her obvious anger but not enough of it. She needed a release.

Michael.