Status: lmao

When the Day Met the Night

In the Middle of Summer

It was a sunny day, the kind where your entire body is wrapped in warmth, almost as if you are bathing in sun rays. Alex was in his front yard, drinking tea underneath the canopy of trees that served as a roof over his deck. He had just moved in to the beach-front house two days prior, when his parents had decided that they'd needed a "change of scenery." Alex knew the truth though, that his parents had decided to relocate to keep Alex away from his trouble-causing friends. He didn't mind so much though, because he had never really connected with any of them, just used them as a source of entertainment while he waited for the right people to come along. The move was also beneficial to Alex, because it meant that he wouldn't have to face all of those who'd wronged him back in his old town, bullies and exes alike.

Alex enjoyed people-watching, and he'd be spent plenty of his summer in his front yard, doing exactly that. June passed, and then came July, until he found himself still in that exact same spot, in the beginning of August. As he sipped at his tea, which he had become strangely addicted to, he ran a hand through his golden hair, and then let out a sigh. Just as he was about to stand up and go inside, though, a loud group of teenaged boys making their way across the beach caught his attention. He sat back down, too interested in the other boys to care about whatever he had gotten up for. He watched as a bunch of them ran into the water, pushing each other and splashing around. Alex ended up spending much longer than he had intended outside, watching the boys, and soon enough, it had become late afternoon, and the sun was at it's brightest, as well as it's hottest. He watched as the group of boys began to make their way off the beach, possibly to a store or to some trees, to keep cool. He noticed that they had left someone behind though, a tanned, lanky boy with a mess of platinum and raven hair, who was still laying in the sand, as if he did not care at all that every single one of his friends had gotten up and left him. As Alex continued to stare, the boy turned his head around, immediately locking eyes with Alex. The lost look in his eyes captured Alex's attention so fully, that looking away from the boy didn't cross his mind, not even once. Little did he know, the boy down the beach was in the same situation, but only because he was so mesmerized by Alex's eyes, that he knew he'd have to talk to the boy sitting on his front porch eventually, if he knew what was good for him.

It had to have been at least an hour since the boy's friends had left, and Alex was wondering how much longer the boy was planning to sneak glances at him from across the beach. So, instead of just staring back, as per usual, the next time Alex found himself making eye contact with the stranger, he lifted an eyebrow, and tipped his head to the side, quizzically. The boy responded to his actions exactly how he had planned, and soon enough, he was lifting himself up off of the scorching sand, and was walking (well, more like hopping,) across the beach, towards Alex. As he made his way up the path of Alex's front yard, Alex stood , up from his seat, and met the strange boy half way, stopping when the other boy came to a haunt right in front of him.

"Hi, my name's Jack," the taller boy said, looking down, only to look up, and lock eyes with Alex once again.

"Alex," he replied, shoving a hand into his pocket and blushing under the stare of the other boy.

"Look, this may seem a little weird, and a bit too blatant, if you ask me, but I saw you sitting over here all alone, and it's such a beautiful day, and my friends left a while ago, but I decided to stay here by myself, and I was alone, too, and I was thinking that, maybe, we could just talk for a while, if that's alright with you?"

Alex nodded his head yes, and received one of the warmest smiles he had ever had the pleasure to see, from Jack.

"Well, if we're going for obvious, then, yes, of course, as long as you promise not to break my heart or leave me alone, or any of that sort of stuff. I've been through enough of that for one lifetime."

"Sure, of course," Jack smiled, and the boys sat down together on Alex's front lawn, and chatted the day away. They connected instantly, and were able to share all of their interests with each other, almost as if they were made for each other.

Dusk soon began to approach, and it was unspoken that the boys would have to go their separate ways soon.

"Look, talking with you was great, but I have to get home, my mom's probably wondering where I am." Jack said sadly, almost as if he was already attached to Alex, and they'd been friends for years.

"Yeah, that's cool," Alex shrugged, knowing that the perfect summer day would have to come to an end eventually.

"Would it be alright if I got your number, though?" Jack asked him, acting nonchalant, oblivious to the desperation showing in his eyes.

"Of course!" Alex replied cheerily, taking Jack's phone from him and adding himself as a contact, and then handing it back.

Jack took his phone back, and began to make his way across Alex's yard, but not before sending Alex a wink, making him blush, and then holding his stare into his eyes, for just a bit too long.

Jack was unconscious to the fact that he was already falling in love with the other boy, the one with the gorgeous brown eyes and continuously rosy cheeks, and little did Alex know, he had found "the right person" that he had spent the entire summer looking for. The boys both had plans to speak to each other again soon, and as far as they knew, all was golden in the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is my first fic ever don't kill me

also i know it kind of sucks and it goes nowhere at the end so if u have some nice writing tips i would love to hear them :-)

listen to when the day met the night here