I Will Move On

River Day

June 2012

16 years. That was the time I had been putting up with the hell hole people call “my life”. However that life was not something I enjoyed. I’m in love with someone I can’t have, I am mentally abused on the daily by my guardian, I hate pretty much everyone in the little town I live in, I would love to slap a few people, and to top it all off, my family might be losing our home. Yeah “life” is great.
Taylor looked over her short journal entry and laughed at herself “I still don’t know why I write this shit, no one is going to read it.” Or so she hoped.

Buzz buzz

Taylor heard her phone vibrating on the night stand next to her, she picked it up and smiled, the name read ‘Lex’

Lex: Hey T, Sammy and I are going to the river, you coming?

Taylor: Yeah, I’ll be over in 10

Lex: K :)

Taylor sighed and put the journal away and grabbed her bag along with her bikini and a towel and went out to her car. As she drove to Samantha’s house all that could think about was finally seeing her best friend again. She hated every second they weren’t together, although she would never tell anyone that. Hell, if anyone knew she even liked girls she would probably lose every friend she had.
As she drove up to Samantha’s gate and entered the code to open it she saw the two girls waiting for her in Samantha’s parents Jeep. She quickly parked her car, grabbed her things, and jumped in the back seat of the jeep.

“Tayyyyyyyy!” Taylor’s best friend Lexi exclaimed “It has been far too long”

“I know, I’ve been so busy with everything. And with what’s going on with-“ she stopped herself, she forgot she hadn’t told anything to either of them about her liking girls.

“What’s going on with what?” Both of the other girls quickly asked her.

“Oh uh just summer school, y’know. It’s got me pretty busy.” She sincerely hoped they bought the lie.

“Yeah alright” They laughed.

Taylor looked over at Alexis, wishing so much she could tell the attractive brunette that she was in love with her.
She quietly sighed to herself as they drove down the road listening to some song she wasn’t interested in, all she could focus on was her gorgeous best friend in a bikini. She shook her head and tried to find something else to focus on, so she pulled out her phone and started playing a game.

Later that night after they returned from the river they all went into Samantha’s house where her parents weren’t home, not that they really cared what any of them did anyways but it was nice being there without adults.

They each pulled a beer out of the fridge and went outside to start a fire. As they all sat around the fire Samantha had stories to tell about her recent drunken hookups, of course. Taylor thought that Sam was an alcoholic and a drunken slut, but she was an awesome friend so who really cared as long as she wasn’t hurting anyone. Then Alexis told some story about how her boyfriend was being an asshole for the hundredth time and how she wishes she could leave but she loves him so much. Gag. Taylor of course stayed fairly silent, only offering her opinion when she thought it was wanted, because what story was she going to tell? The one about how the reason she hadn’t been spending time with her best friends because she was busy slutting around with random girls trying to find one of them that for a second would take her mind off Lexi? She couldn’t and she wouldn’t.

She of course lied, told of how her and her friends from school have been spending far too much time on summer school work and how she really hardly ever had time for a social life, when the reality of it was…summer school didn’t give homework. All of the work was done in the class. But they wouldn’t know that because they were also much smarter than she was.

Taylor took a sip of her beer wondering if tonight would go the way they normally do, her and Lexi cuddling all night because who doesn’t like to cuddle when they’re drunk?

Four beers in Taylor had lightened up and started joking around and throwing random shit in the fire like they always did.

A few more beers and a couple hours later Taylor checked her phone and saw the time, 3 AM. She stood up and said she was going to bed. Lexi automatically followed, as Taylor knew she would saying she was heading to bed too. Leaving Sam to call one of her hookups, which ever guy she chose tonight.

Taylor and Lexi went into one of the guest bedrooms and changed into their sleepwear, or well, underwear. And they jumped into bed. Lex, hating to sleep alone and sleeping far better when she was wrapped in someone elses arms moved closer to Taylor and she was, of course, fine with that. Taylor wrapped her arms loosely around Lexi’s small body and felt at peace for the night, finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first time ever attempting to write a story, yes it says its an original fiction but it is based on actual events. Bare with me, it may take time for me to update but I promise I will. If you like it, PLEASE leave a comment telling me anything I could change or make better. Thank you!