Status: Active! :)

Keep on Going

Past Regrets.

3 days.

3 days Kennedy went without seeing or speaking to Kacey and he still didn't have anything figured out.

He was simple confused on how to handle it all. Sure, he liked her. He did. After all, it bad been 3 days but he could still remember how she felt pressed against his chest and the feelings that overwhelmed him when she kissed him.

Kennedy shook his head, placing his hands over his face as he laid his head back onto the couch. He just didn't know if he was ready. Every relationship he had ever invested in always ended in ways he didn't even know were possible.

His phone vibrated beside him and he knew very well it wasn't Kacey. Those calls and text ended two days ago and he knew she probably hated him right now. Of course he couldn't blame her.

He groaned as he picked it up only to see a text from Garrett. He just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

Garrett: Um, what's up with you and Kacey? I just ran into her and she didn't even want to talk...

Kennedy didn't bother to reply. Just placed his phone back down, his eyes shifting back to the ceiling. He didn't know what to do honestly. His last real relationship still weighed heavy on his heart. He didn't know if he would ever recover and he definitely didn't want to ever have the chance to feel that way again.

As he laid there he didn't even hear the door open until it was slammed shut. At the sound, he sat up immediately only to see John ofall people.

Kennedy groaned not really wanting company, "What?"

" Well just thought that you may need this when or if you ever decide to leave this house." He stated tossing the boy's wallet at him.

Kennedy raised his eyebrow, trying to think to back to when he had it last.

"It was at Kacey's."

Kennedy didn't respond and John continued, "What scared you off? Honestly Ken, I know we always tease you about Kac, but she's a good girl. I don't understand. I'm trying really hard to, but she is constantly the one getting screwed here and I just don't get it."

"You're one to talk." He grumbled and John rolled his eyes, "I don't string people along. Hell, even I thought you liked her."

"I do...I just..."

"Don't want to get attached and have things end like they did with Jade?"

Kennedy immediately winced from hearing her name. She was the reason he was the way he was.

"Things will never turn out that way again, man. That seriously was a once in a life time thing. A fluke. People don't do that all the time you know?"

"You don't know that. You don't. I just am bad luck. I don't want to mess Kacey up, or have her hurt like Jade did. I can't go through that again. I never want to feel so helpless and hurt like I did during that time."

John sighed, "You let Kacey in. Did you forget that? You let her into your world and yet, you hurt her. She is hurting Kennedy. And not because of something you have no control over but because of you. Isn't that just as bad?"

Kennedy locked eyes with the boy who simply stared at him waiting for a response.

"She likes you. You like her. Try. Just try. She at least deserves that."

"I'm sure she doesn't want to talk to me now." He grumbled out and John rolled his eyes, "Although I've heard words come from her proper mouth that I've never heard before, I think she would."

"She left with you. Left Ben for you and then you do this? That doesn't make you any better. I understand why you've been the way you are for so long, but I thought you had finally gotten your shit together and would act like an adult now. Do you not think this is all embarrassing to Kacey? She left someone for you and then you ditch her."

"Since when are you all about doing what's righty?" Kennedy asked, now glaring at the boy.

"You're right, rarely. I am aware of that, but I like the girl." He stated, shrugging his shoulders, "She's good for you, man. It's been a long time since I've seen the Kennedy she brings out of you."

Kennedy exterior softened as he watched John rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. John wasn't good at things like this and Kennedy needed to appreciate the effort.

"What should I do?" He asked in such a monotone voice John looked at him unsure if he even meant his question.

"Just, tell her."

"Tell her?"

"Tell her About Jade."

Kennedy scoffed and crossed his arms uncomfortably. He didn't like going into this with John none the less someone who knew nothing about it.

"It's the only way she will understand why you act this way! I mean, she's probably wondering what she did wrong when it's not her fault at all."

"I can't."

"Fine. Then don't. Just at least tell her you don't want to talk to her anymore."

"It's not that..." He mumbled and John shrugged, "Dude, you can't keep her around if you plan for it to go no where."

"Say hypothetically I talk to her..."

John rolled his eyes unsure where this was even going, but knowing Ken, it wasn't going to be good.

"And I can get her to forgive me. Why would I need to tell her about Jade?"

John groaned before falling into a chair. He was already exhausted from this conversation.

"Dude. Do you like her?"

"...yeah, I do." He got out quietly and John nodded, "Enough to want to see her a lot?"

Kennedy nodded as he stared at the guy who he was debating on telling that he needed to brush his hair.

"Well, I may not know a lot about relationships man, but can you honestly say you wouldn't be mad at her from keeping this from you if the roles were reversed?"

The room went silent as Kennedy thought over John's complex question. He almost immediately knew the answer to that.

--

Kacey paced the living room as Abby watched her from where she sat.

"I can't believe you made him do that." She finally said now finding out John went to Kennedy's house. She didn't want him to get involved but clearly it didn't matter.

"What? He needed his wallet!"

"Ok, we both know that's not true."

Abby shrugged not wanting to argue about it, but something had to be done. Kacey had been miserable these past few days and Abby knew it just by looking at her.

"So what? Someone needs to talk to him."

"Why? I'm over it. I will be perfectly fine if I never see him again."

Abby rolled her eyes, "I don't believe that."

"Well do. He's a jerk." Kacey grumbled before she fell onto the couch with a sigh.

"I don't think so. I just think he has some issues is all."

"Way to pick his side."

"Kac, I'm not. I'm always on your side. I just feel like you two can't give up this easily. You two just fit together."

"Oh you seem to have forgotten the part where he hasn't talked to me in three days!" She stated as she threw up her bands dramatically.

"I just believe there is a reason."

"Yeah so do I. It's that he's an asshole." Kacey stated as she crossed her arms over her chest. She was past the sadness and now fully into the anger part of the deal. She had done so much to be with him and here she was regretting all of it. Maybe he wasn't who she was hoping he would be after all.

"I'm sure John will find out the real reason."

"Do you two have a thing that you aren't telling me about?" She asked with a accusing look on her face.

"What? Ew. No. Seriously, we're just friends."

Kacey nodded, believing the girl just from the seriousness that came along with her answer.

"He's not too bad."

"Who?"

"John. Don't tell him this, but I actually kind of like him."

Abby laughed, "He kind of likes you too. That's why he agreed to this after I caught him up on all your drama."

"Awe." Kacey joked, placing her hand over her heart. Abby rolled her eyes as a chuckle escaped her lips, "You're ridiculous."

The pair laughed which was cut short thanks to the front door opening and shutting. The pair shared a look before looking over to see John.

"Well?" Abby was the first to ask and John shrugged, "I really don't know."

"Good work." Abby replied sarcastically and John shot her a look.

"It's ok. Seriously. I don't care anymore." Kacey spoke up. She really just wanted everyone to give up and act like nothing happened. That would help her get over him so much quicker.

"Well, I hope that's not true." He stated as he sat down across from the pair.

"And why is that?"

"Because..." He got out as he ran his hand through his hair, "He cares about you. There's just a lot of stuff that's happened in his past that no one knows about and it's just complicated."

"That was the best explanation ever..." Abby mumbled and John glared at her, "Will you just shush?!"

"I just can't go into too much details. If he wants to tell you he will."

"He hasn't even talked to me so him telling me anything clearly isn't going to happen."

"You don't know that."

Kacey sighed as she relaxed against the couch, "Can we just not talk about him anymore today?"

"Yeah. Sure." Abby replied immediately. She could tell Kacey was in fact tired from all of this and she needed to be a good friend and distract her for a while.

"Why don't we go out and get some food?" She asked and John agreed, "And maybe a drink. You look like you need one."

Kacey scoffed, "Maybe more than one. Let me grab my bag."

Kacey left to go to her room and Abby's eyes immediately met John's.

"Well?" She asked, assuming that John left out things during his speech.

"Exactly as I said. I think maybe he will talk to her. Then again, that could be me just hoping he will."

"I appreciate the effort, O'Callaghan."

"You're very welcome. Now let's go have a good time." He replied as he pushed up from his seat right as Kacey appeared.

"Come on Claire, let's go tear up the town!" He joked as he placed his arm around her shoulders causing her to roll her eyes as they followed Abby out.

At least she had them to distract her from the disaster going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is so late! Things have been super crazy lately! But none the less, here's an update!

Thanks to everyone who has comment and subscribed! We appreciate it! :)