Status: Active! :)

Keep on Going

Lies and apologies.

Kennedy had a restless sleep that night and by the third time he had turned over and noticed it was still early in the morning he decided to just get up. Of course he felt ridiculous but he immediately grabbed his cell phone up. Still nothing from Kacey. He had replayed the whole night over and over in his head so many times he wasn't sure what was true or not but, what he did know was that he didn't believe he did anything to her which made him that much more crazy about it.

He groaned as he forced himself from the bed and he wasn't surprised to find Pat and Garrett sitting in his living room playing video games already.

"Seriously?" He asked as he fell onto the couch rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry, John's meeting us here and we are all going to get food so go get dressed."

"I'd rather not."

"What's wrong?" Garrett asked looking over at his friend.

Kennedy shook his head not want to admit that the girl was taking over his thoughts.

"Is this about hiking girl?"

"Dude, her name is Claire!" Pat defended and Kennedy rolled his eyes, "It's Kacey you idiots."

"What?! John said it was Claire!"

"You met her! How don't you remember?!" Garrett replied throwing his hands up.

"I'm so confused!"

Garrett ignored the boy beside him and was about to speak until John made an entrance.

"Well, here's something you don't see everyday! Kennedy up before noon!"

Kennedy rolled his eyes as John fell beside him.

"What's wrong?" He asked giving the boy a look.

"Claire." Pat stated.

"It's Kacey!" Kennedy defended now getting annoyed.

"And no, nothing is wrong." He grumbled out.

"You like her; you should just admit it."

"I don't! But she's avoiding me for some reason and I didn't do anything!"

John's smile widened, "And yet it bothers you."

"John, believe it or not I can just be friends with a girl. I don't like her like that."

"Then why is it bothering you so bad?"

"I mean if I did something I want to know."

"Mhm, well I'll just text Abby and ask her."

Kennedy looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "You got her number?"

"Yeah, but we legitimately are just friends. No worries little one, I'm going to find out why the girlfriend is mad at you so you can sleep at night."

Kennedy rolled his eyes as John began to text away on his phone.

"In fact, I'll invite them with us. If she doesn't come, you've done something and who the hell knows what that could be because girls are confusing that way, man."

Kennedy sighed running his hand through his hair. He just wish he didn't care so much but dammit he did and he didn't know why.

"But please go shower. She's pretty, man. I don't think she will be impressed with you looking like shit." Garrett said from the floor where he sat.

Kennedy mumbled under his breath as he headed back to his room. As much as he hated to admit it, it would hurt him a bit if she didn't show up. Surely she would...

"He's going to know something's up if you don't go, Kacey! I mean, how do you plan to win him over with all this true love shit if you avoid him? He hasn't even done anything wrong." Abby stated as she stood in the girl's room, hand on hip as if that made it more serious.

Kacey groaned from where she sat on the bed.

"I know! I just think that if I distance myself I'll stop liking him..."

"Doubt it."

Kacey glared at her and she chuckled, "So come on. You're already ready so why not? You've probably hurt his feelings so apologizing should happen also."

"I did not."

"Mhm, funny thing is John just texted me asking me what you did to Kennedy because he's acting weird."

Kacey swallowed the lump in her throat and climbed from the bed. She didn't know what that meant but now she dreaded seeing him. What if he was mad at her?

Abby drove the pair the short distance to IHOP not to far from their place and once they parked Kacey felt like throwing up. This was not going to go good.

She forced herself from the car and her and Abby walked in to find the guys only a few tables from the door. Pat waved them over and she forced a smile as she walked over nervously. Of course Abby slid into the space next to John leaving her no choice but to sit between Kennedy and Pat. Once she sat down the table filled with chatter and she forced herself to look at Kennedy who oddly enough was staring at her.

"Come outside with me." He stated and she bit her bottom lip.

"Just for a minute." He added moving from his chair. The guys had already convinced him it was a good idea to talk to her so they pretended like nothing was happening as Kennedy grabbed for her hand and pulled her outside.

She was now filled with nerves as they came to a stop and he locked eyes with her.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked seriously and she shook her head no.

"Avoiding me?" Yet again the girl shook her head and his eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Then why does it feel like that?"

"I don't know. I didn't feel good last night so after the last text I sent you I turned my phone off and went to sleep I honestly wasn't trying to make you feel that way." She replied softly and his eyes seemed to soften.

"And this morning?" He asked although he already felt pathetic for bringing it up. It wasn't like him to do this but this whole ordeal was getting to him.

"I figured you might be a little mad at me for not replying last night so I thought it was best to not."

"I don't think I could ever get mad at you, Kace."

She bit her bottom lip as a smile appeared on his face. She hated lying but she knew very well she couldn't tell him the truth.

"So we're ok, right? I kind of want to keep you around so if we're not, I'm going to be pretty bummed out."

A chuckle left her lips, "Yeah...we're ok."

He nodded feeling better already. A grin hit her lips and he slid his arm around her, pulling her in which startled her a bit but she wasn't going to object to a hug from him. Kennedy hated himself in that moment simply because he liked her being this close to him. The smell of her took over his senses as his hand slid up her back not objecting to her relaxing against him.

"We should get back." He whispered out against her ear although he now was unsure if he could let her go.

"Yeah." She mumbled against his shirt. Her mind was now clouded and she was unsure if she could even move. He breathed in before kissing her head and forcing his arms from her, giving her a smile as he slid his hand to hers to pull her back inside.

"Everything good between the new couple?" John asked once they sat down.

Kennedy rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"What?! I'm just making sure you didn't hurt Claire's feelings!"

"And stop calling her that you're confusing Pat!" Garrett spoke from his end of the table.

Kacey and Abby were now laughing as Pat looked at them confused already. She honestly loved hanging out with the guys. Sure John messed with her a lot, but the others were nice and as funny as Kennedy and who wouldn't want to be around him?

"So come to our party tonight?" Garrett asked Kacey as they walked out of the diner all together.

"You guys party way too much, but sure." She replied with a smile and as she went to step off the sidewalk she some how tripped herself. Of course instead of hitting the ground like she had prepared for, a pair of arms wrapped around her preventing any tragedy from really happening.

"Well, you're streak is now over my little damsel in distress." Kennedy's voice hit her ear as he held her to him.

"You don't know if I was going to fall." She managed to get out as he dropped his arms from her. She knew her cheeks were flushed and she couldn't dare look at him at the moment.

Laughter escaped his lips, "Oh really?"

She finally glared at him, his smile not leaving his face as he stepped beside her.

"Proof you can't live without me. Who would save you?"

"I guess I would die."

He chuckled, "Come on, let me walk you to the car so I can know you made it."

"Ha!" She grumbled as he placed his hand on her lower back.

"Hey Abby, make sure she makes it to the party tonight in one piece. She's already having a hard time." He mused as he opened the passenger door for her.

"You're hilarious you know that?" She grumbled out and he tugged on her hand, "See you in a bit. And can you please do me a favor and not wear jeans tonight? I kind of miss the girly girl."

"Why don't you do us all a favor and just pick her up yourself." Abby suggested and Kennedy chuckled, "I'll pick you up at 8. That ok?" He asked, leaning his arm against the car and she could barely breathe none the less answer so she just nodded in response.

"Great, see you soon." He replied, flashing her a smile as he ruffled her hair before walking away.

"Can we talk about this for a moment! You cannot tell me he does not like you in some way or fashion!" Abby stated as soon as Kacey climbed into the car a bit dazed.

"You don't get it. Even if he does he doesn't want a relationship! So him liking me doesn't matter because nothing will ever come of it."

"Ok, one minute you're positive you can change him and then the next you're negative Nancy."

Kacey sighed, "I know! It's just confusing!"

Abby shook her head, "Just like him and go from there."

Kacey didn't bother to respond as they drove to their place. Abby was right. She just needed to take this one day at a time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look guys, I doubt this was fluffy enough for some of you (cough*cough* WhiskeyPrincess118) but patience is a virtue and the fluff will happen I'm sure...maybe... ;) lol

Thanks for commenting;
Princewentz
Lovelyhope
WhiskeyPrincess118

You guys are awesome! :)