‹ Prequel: Junior Year
Sequel: Senior Year

The Summer After

Boys State (7.1.14)

So I spent the last week of June at Sacramento State University in California for a program called boys state. Spent a week with 1000 other guys, sounds boring right? It wasn't all that bad, I made some awesome new friends and the program really helped me realize how many smart and athletically gifted people there are in California alone. Realizing how many people I'm competing against for college has really made me more motivated to do a lot better and get more involved with extra-curriculars. There were a ton of CIF athletes at the program, and I'm almost positive everyone also had over a 4.2 GPA. Regardless, they are probably some of the greatest people I will ever meet in my entire life.

Hung out with the hurdle crew again, except bae cause she had a summer program where she plays with kids. (Weird, I know). But hung out with my senior hurdle buddy who taught me the basics of b-boying, top rocking. Trying to get the hang of it still but I'll get it eventually. Water Polo Practice also started and the water was cold as shit. Didn't take me long to figure out that I was out of swimming shape. Struggled the whole day yesterday and today. Pray for me. Looking forward to 4th of July. Go 'Murica. Too bad the USA lost against Belgium today. 2-1. So sad. Timmy Howard though. Man of the Match. Water Polo season bouta get turnt...in a month and a half.