‹ Prequel: Junior Year
Sequel: Senior Year

The Summer After

A Missing Piece (7.18.14)

I think that I finally figured out why I strive so much to find a girlfriend. It's not something biological, like instinctive necessity or anything like that. I came up with this theory after talking to my friend and listening to some speeches about success, as well as when I re-read the last chapter I wrote. Success...in every aspect of life. Every. Aspect. I think that a stable relationship with a girl is the one thing I lack in my life. I like to think that I'm a good student as I am currently enrolled in IB Diploma in hopes of going to UCLA for college. I like to think that I'm a good athlete, playing multiple sports including water polo, soccer, and track, captaining both the soccer team and part of the track team. I have enough friends to say that I'm social, as well as a family to say that I'm economically and mentally stable outside the classroom and off the field. It seems that my life puzzle is incomplete, half the pieces are still missing. I'm missing my other half. I'll need some time to rethink my life, wondering what I really need, or want, and how far I'm willing to go to achieve my goals. That's my theory.

Otherwise, water polo has been really fun. There's a girl there that's pretty cute, but probably isn't going to happen. My swimming isn't able to compete with some of the higher level swimmers that we have, so I've been trying to become ambidextrous so that I'm a valuable asset to the team, someone that's more than just a role player. I also want to be captain, but I don't know how hard that's going to be. I have a great work ethic, but it's hard to be a captain if I don't spend a lot of time playing. We'll see when the season starts.

I leave for my summer program in Missouri tomorrow. Pretty excited, but this morning I woke up in my comfortable bed and didn't really want to go. But this is going to be a good life experience. This is the first time I'm flying alone, so I'm a little anxious. Can't wait to see the kinds of people I'm going to meet.