‹ Prequel: Junior Year
Sequel: Senior Year

The Summer After

Making Friends (7.27.14)

I got back from my Missouri Materials Camp yesterday. It was awesome. I met some of the most amazing people from all over the United States. It's extremely easy to make friends at these camps because the people that apply are very ambitious, and tend to be academically gifted, as well as participate in many other activities outside of school. There were 51 of us and 5 days was not enough to really get to know everybody. Nevertheless, the times we slept through lectures, played soccer, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, pool, and brawl, was awesome. I will never forget those memories. We're supposed to be planning a reunion, i don't know if it's going to happen, but I really hope it does because the people I met were just amazing. It's different from meeting people from in state, but because I went out of state for this program, I met all kinds of different people who were simply amazing. In hindsight, I wish I had done more of these residential programs because making new friends is so cool. I wish I had more to say about this camp, and I do, but words simply can't express the memories and the feelings I had when I was around these people. Just hanging out with friends who are as ambitious and smart and athletic as you are or even better makes life better.