The Saints of Tacloban

In Tacloban City in the Philippines, 2013...

Aquarius: The city has been declared a war zone. People have come to the church and looted it all. They took the food I've stockpiled for the destitute and the medical supplies for the injured. Some women have disappeared since then. There are reports of girls being raped in the street by escaped inmates. Naked corpses line the streets, their clothes stripped off by the needy. Everyone is terrified and desperate, and I am among them. I am so afraid to go outside...

Taka: I was supposed to return home weeks ago, but the call never came. Many have been evacuated, but so many more are trapped here. Everyone is suffering, but my skills are useless to them. Everyone else has something important to do. They have saved so many and soothed the pains of those who cannot be saved. All I've done so far is sing to those who can't be extracted from the fallen buildings. What else can I do? Why is this happening?

Aquarius is an American disaster relief volunteer in the Philippines, trapped there after the desperate citizens began looting and fighting, forcing the government to tighten laws in the area. Takahiro is a Japanese musician who came to the Philippines to take part in an international rock music conference. In the process of evacuating with the other musicians, a group of desperate citizens rushes the plane, and he is separated from them. Both are terrified, but they are also determined to do as much good as they can for those around them.

In the midst of violence and desperation, there is hope... and love.
  1. Chapter 1
    Aquarius
  2. Chapter 2
    Taka
  3. Chapter 3
    Taka