Status: Slow updates (Don't kill me I'm lazy)

Revenge and Its Thrills

Chapter Eleven: Thinking Is Stupid

Alex’s POV
​​​
Craig, Corey, Danny and Ronnie actually turned out to be pretty cool guys. Becca was awesome too, once she’d gotten over me refusing to push the toddler in. They gave us a quick tour of Larnaca - the best bars to go to, where you’d get the best deals on drugs (which Lzzy and Mitch were very interested in), and so on. It turned out they all attended King Richard School, too.

​​​Now we were just hanging out at the beach. Out of all of them, I got along with Craig the best. Once you knew him a little better he stopped seeming creepy and just seemed . . . Normal? No, Craig was still far from normal. Less weird? Meh, better.

​​​I was walking along the shore next to Taylor, who looked lost in thought. I had the sudden urge to push her in - just like Jenna had to Jack earlier - but I knew she wouldn’t react in the same airy way as Jack. She’d probably punch me and ignore me for the rest of the day.

​​​Sometimes I wished that my life was different. That I was a better person, that I had better friends, that I had a better family. But then I remembered just how fun my life really was, and stubbornly pushed those thoughts away. But now, I found myself thinking - was my life really all that great? Sure, being all disobedient and shit was fun, but what did I really gain from that? Friends? Well, I had plenty of them, and they weren’t that great. Popularity? Well, yeah, but again, nothing actually good came from that. Money? Nah - I threw all my money away, sure that my mum would always give me more.

​​​All this thinking was putting me in a depressed state of mind, so I pushed any thoughts of changing myself as far away from my mind as possible and convinced myself, yet again, that I was happy the way I was. The thing was, I’d been telling myself that for seven years, and the effect was beginning to wear off.

​​​I blame Millburn.

​​​Specifically Jack Barakat.

​​​Damn that bastard.

​​​I checked my watch and saw that it was quarter to six. We needed to leave now if we were going to make it back for dinner, so I called Craig over.

​​​“Dude, we gotta go,” I told him once he’d walked up to me.

​​​He cocked an eyebrow. “Alex, I didn’t know you were one for following rules.”

​​​I laughed. “Nah, I’m just hungry. Can’t miss dinner.”

​​​Craig nodded in understanding. “I guess we’ll see you Monday then?”

​​​“Yeah, Monday.”

​​​We said our goodbyes and headed away from the group, following Mitch since he was the only one who actually knew the way.

​​​“They were pretty cool,” Lzzy commented after a few minutes of silence.

​​​A few murmurs of agreement were passed around our little group, but I wasn’t really paying much attention. I’d acquired a banging headache all of a sudden - probably from all that fucking ‘thinking.’ Thinking is overrated.

​​​We were halfway back to Palm Beach Hotel when I felt something grab hold of my hand. I jumped about two feet off the ground, only to realise it was Taylor.

​​​I raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged, smirking slightly. But beneath the smirk I could see uncertainty. I’d never seen Taylor look uncertain before, so I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and she smiled.

​​​This was a new development, and one I was certainly happy about. I’d never expected Taylor Momsen, of all people, to willingly hold my hand, and it gave me a sense of joy. I spent the rest of the walk in a bubble of happiness, the grin never leaving my face.

​​​We headed to our separate bungalows. I reluctantly let go of Taylor’s hand, waved goodbye, and pushed the door to mine and Oli’s room open. Jack, Vic and Frank were there, along with Jenna, Tay, Kellin and some kid with bright red hair. The guy with red hair looked like a fag - I decided then and there that I hated him.

​​​“Where the fuck were you?” Vic asked coldly, glaring at Oli and I. I just flipped him off and collapsed on my bed.

​​​From the corner of my eye I saw Vic shrug and resume whatever he was doing with the others. I didn’t really care what they were doing.

​​​I couldn’t get the fact that Taylor held my hand out of my mind. It was something I’d been wishing would happen for over a year - and now it had finally happened, nothing could put me out of my good mood.

​​​At least, that’s what I thought. Then I caught a glance of Vic and Kellin kissing, and felt my stomach churn. That was definitely a mood killer.

​​​“Ugh, why are you all so gay?” I asked, rolling over on my bed to face them all. I was genuinely curious, so when they all glared at me I scoffed indignantly. For once I wasn’t actually making fun of them - I only wanted to know!

​​​“Why are you such a prick?” Jenna shot back, her eyes filled with hatred. I didn’t get what had gotten her so angry. I was only asking.

​​​I rolled my eyes. “It was just a question. Jesus. Don’t get so butthurt.” Then I turned away from them again and lost myself in thought, not getting up until it was time for dinner.

​​​At six o’clock I headed to the dinner hall with Oli. My stomach was rumbling, and my mouth watered at the smell of food. However, when I saw Taylor, Mitch, Rian and Lzzy all standing outside the hotel restaurant looking murderous, I knew that something was up. I knew that I wasn’t going to get dinner as soon as I would’ve liked.

​​​Oli and I tried to sneak in, but Mr. Armstrong caught us.

​​​“Go wait with the others,” He told us with a stony glare.

​​​“Go fuck yourself,” I muttered. If he heard, he didn’t react.

​​​We went and stood with the other four. Rian tried to strike up conversation, but since we were all in foul moods, he eventually gave up and let us sulk.

​​​After a while Mr Armstrong walked up. He glared intimidatingly at us - I personally thought it made him look like a frog, because his eyes bugged out all weirdly.

​​​“What exactly do you six think you were doing?” He demanded. “Staying out in Larnaca when you were meant to come back for water sports? Do you have any idea how much trouble you caused us?”

​​​We all ignored him stubbornly, and I caught Lzzy mutter something about him being a cock face under her breath. I had to suppress a chuckle.

​​​Our silence didn’t improve his mood. “You don’t have any idea how dangerous that was!” Mr Armstrong fumed.

​​​“It’s none of your business to tell us off,” Oli pointed out grouchily. “You’re not our rector.”

​​​“No? Well, I may not be your rector, but I am still a rector. And that gives me the power to ban you six from dinner.”

​​​Now that caused a reaction.

​​​“You can’t do that, you old bastard!” Lzzy cried indignantly, followed by several more explicit
​​​shouts.

​​​“I’m having dinner whether you like it or not, you fucking douchebag,” I told Mr Armstrong angrily, supported by my growling stomach.

​​​We all continued to protest, Mr Armstrong growing steadily angrier. Finally he’d had it.
​​​“Enough!” He bellowed. “Go back to your rooms, now!”

​​​Taylor stepped forwards and pushed him out of the way roughly. She didn’t care that he was a teacher - if someone got in her way, she was going to make them pay. “No.” Then she continued into the restaurant.

​​​Mr Armstrong was fuming. I could tell it was taking all of his self-control to not punch her. “You, young lady, are hence forth banned from this trip. A flight back to Scotland will be arranged for you tomorrow.”

​​​“No,” Taylor said again, flipping him off and heading to a table.

​​​“What’s going on here?!”

​​​Everyone turned to see the person who had spoken. It just happened to be Mr Hoppus. I grinned. Mr Hoppus would put this cunt in his place.

​​​Mr Armstrong turned to face him. “Your delightful students,” he said through gritted teeth, “Have just shown a complete lack of respect, calling me disgusting names and the likes. Taylor here shoved me out of the way, so I told her that she was banned from the trip-”

​​​“You what?” Mr Hoppus exclaimed angrily. “Excuse me, but the last time I checked, Taylor was my student, not yours. And I’ll punish her any way I deem fit.”

​​​Mr Armstrong stared, dumbfounded, and I held back a laugh. Sometimes, I liked Mr Hoppus. Just sometimes. “Well, okay then. But I told these six that they weren’t having dinner-”

​​​You could practically see the anger rising off Mr Hoppus in waves. “Like I said, Billie Joe, these are my students! Not yours! And I say they can have dinner.”

​​​Lzzy, Mitch, Oli, Rian, Taylor and I all grinned wickedly. It served him right!

​​​We all headed into the restaurant, and Lzzy shoved Mr Armstrong discreetly on the way past
​​​and muttered “Bastard.”

​​​It looked like we’d caused quite the scene, because half the restaurant was staring at us. But we just ignored them and carried on to our tables.

​​​Getting one up on Millburn felt good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel so ill excuse me whilst I go throw uo