Status: Slow updates (Don't kill me I'm lazy)

Revenge and Its Thrills

Chapter Twenty Three: Hobnobs And Swagfags

Jack’s POV

​​​Well, that was . . . Different.

​​​I really didn’t have another word to describe it. I knew I’d never be doing it again, that was for sure. I mean, some single mother was probably paying a lot to keep her only car running, and all for what? A bunch of teenagers to smash it up?

​​​One thing, though, was that a small part of me had enjoyed it. I’d actually felt a small rush, a small surge of excitement every time the hammer smashed down and dented a car.

​​​I still didn’t intend to make a habit of it, however.

​​​I was grateful for Vic and Jenna. After all, they only came along to help me ‘get with Craig,’ as Jenna put it.

​​​Oh, yeah - Jenna was a fucking badass! Where that had come from, I had no clue, but I wasn’t exactly that surprised. It did seem like the kind of thing she’d be into.

​​​Right now we were walking around Dhekelia Garrison playing Spot The Swagfag. Tay and Kellin had come along, so it was kind of like a double date with me as the fifth wheel. I didn’t mind much, though, because I loved Tay and Kellin.

​​​“I found one!” Jenna squealed, pointing excitedly to the other side of the road at a teen boy. He was wearing jeans sagged to his fucking knees, Justin Bieber style, and a backwards flat cap. “I found a swagfag!”

​​​The kid realised she was talking about him and started swearing angrily at her. Jenna just laughed and gave him the finger.

​​​We carried on up the road until we got to the Ermes. Kellin announced that he wanted biscuits, so we went inside. I almost shivered from the sudden blast of freezing air con. We walked over to the biscuit aisle and Kellin grabbed a double pack of Hobnobs, then Jenna grabbed another double pack.

​​​“Everyone’s gotta buy Hobnobs,” Jenna told us. “We can put them in people’s shoes!”

​​​I laughed and grabbed a pack, as did Tay and Vic. “Who’s shoes are we gonna put them in?”

​​​Kellin thought for a second. “I wanna put some in Gabe and Jesse’s.”

​​​We were all deciding who we should curse with Hobnob shoes, when the swagfag Jenna had laughed at walked up to us. He was trailed by two tough looking guys - unfortunately, dressed similar to him.

​​​He stepped up dangerously close to Jenna, who narrowed her eyes at him. “’I found a swagfag!’” He mimicked, glaring at her.

​​​Jenna snorted. “Get over yourself, kid.”

​​​Anger flashed on his face. He lifted his hand and slapped Jenna, hard, across the face.

​​​Tay gasped in outrage, and Kellin started towards the kid angrily. I grabbed Kellin’s arm before he could do anything.

​​​“She won’t appreciate you fighting her fights for her,” I warned him.

​​​Sure enough, Jenna’s face had turned stormy with rage. Before the kid knew what was happening, Jenna had kneed him in the balls. His face twisted with pain and he grunted, hunched over, and clutched his private area.

​​​The other two started forwards, but one of the Ermes cashiers had turned up now. “What’s going on?”

​​​Tay stepped forwards threaded a defensive arm around Jenna. “That idiot hit her,” She said angrily.

​​​As the cashier turned to deal with the three kids, we grabbed our biscuits and headed to the tills like nothing had happened.

​​​*the hotel*

​​​I was in Jenna’s room, sitting on her bed and kicking my legs in boredom. Jenna herself was currently no where to be seen, but she’d ordered me to wait here, so I figured I’d better obey. I wouldn’t want her to smash my head with a hammer like she did to the cars.

​​​Finally Jenna burst in, holding a plastic Carrefour bag triumphantly. “I bought hair dye!”

​​​I sighed and rolled my eyes. This had become a sort of tradition. Once upon a time, many many years ago - which means about two years - Jenna had suggested we dye each other’s hair like those cliché couples did. Then it had sort of become a regular thing.

​​​“What colours did you get?” I asked.

​​​She glanced at me mischievously. “Well, green for me, obviously. And purple for you!”

​​​My jaw dropped. The only way I had my hair was with a blonde chunk in the side, no fancy colours or anything. There was no way in hell she’d get me to wear my hair purple.

​​​She started to laugh at my expression. “I’m joking, Jack, don’t have a drama attack. I got you blonde and bleach, as usual. I’m not that mean.”

​​​I exhaled. Thank god.

​​​My hair was done pretty quickly, and then the next hour was spent dying Jenna’s hair. She didn’t exactly have thick hair, but she insisted it was dyed absolutely perfectly.

​​​When the dye was run out, I pulled my gloves off and dumped them on her lap, most likely staining her legs green since she was only in an old band shirt and no jeans.

​​​“Asshole!” She laughed. “I don’t wanna look like Shrek.”

​​​The next thing I knew, I was on the floor. Jenna had caught me off guard, and now she was sitting on top of me ans refusing to let me get up. She grabbed one of the gloves and smeared the excess dye over my blonde chunk, acting oblivious to my struggling and name calling.

​​​Finally I managed to push her off and jumped to my feet. I sprinted straight to the shower in a futile attempt to wash the dye out before it stained. Jenna was practically pissing herself from laughing so hard.

​​​I turned the shower off and turned to the mirror. There was a messy green patch right in the middle of my blonde patch. It was faint, but still noticeable.

​​​“You bitch!” I fumed, launching the nearest thing at her - which happened to be a bar of soap.

​​​She dodged the soap easily. “You call me a bitch like it’s a bad thing,” She teased. Then she turned to the shower, bent her head over the side and started washing the dye out of her ​​hair.

​​​I was actually pretty pissed. She knew how much I cared for my hair, and how obsessively I tried to get it perfect everyday.

​​​I checked the bottle of bleach and was relieved to see there was still a little left. I knew using more so soon would probably ruin my hair, but right now I didn’t care.

​​​Even Jenna seemed to realise she’d gone too far. She glanced at me apologetically. She wasn’t one for apologising or admitting she’d done something wrong - in fact, the day Jenna McDougall admitted she was wrong was the day I stabbed myself for cancer research. But the look was enough, and I knew she was sorry, even if she wouldn’t confess it. So I gave her a quick hug to show that I wasn’t holding a grudge and proceeded to re-bleach my hair.

​​​Frank was absent at dinner again, much to my confusion. I checked and saw that Gerard was at his table, so Frank wasn’t with his boyfriend. My thoughts were banished when my order of peperoni pizza arrived, however.

​​​Vic, who had ordered some sort of pasta, looked crestfallen when my pizza came. “I’ll swap?” He offered hopefully.

​​​“Bitch, no,” I snorted. I made sure to exclaim about how good it was when I started to eat it.

​​​“Fuck this,” He muttered. Then he dumped a forkful of pasta on my head.

​​​“Fuck!” I exclaimed, trying to ignore Alex’s laughter from the other side of the table and scraping desperately at my hair. “What is it with people fucking with my hair today?”

​​​“Jack, I’d be disturbed if people started fucking your hair,” Vic told me. Then he promptly stole about half my pizza.

​​​I felt a surge of exasperation and playful anger. Picking up a bit of pizza, I smeared it on his face. “There, bitch, I gave you pizza.”

​​​Alex continued to laugh, which was pretty surprising. I hadn’t known he was capable of any type of laughter that wasn’t cold and condescending.

​​​Vic, however didn’t appreciate Alex’s amusement over his unfortunate predicament. He picked up a handful of pasta, threw it at Alex, and told him to, “Shut the fuck up.”

​​​Alex’s laughter stopped abruptly. “What the fuck is your problem?” He demanded angrily. Vic just shrugged and smirked.

​​​With a hard glare, Alex threw his fork at Vic’s head. Vic swore as it hit his temple.

​​​Angry, I stood up. “What the fuck Alex?”

​​​“He threw food at me.”

​​​“No shit,” I retorted. “Guess what? So did I!” With that, I picked up some of Vic’s pasta and tossed it at Alex. It hit his cheek.

​​​“You’re on, Barakat,” He snarled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter of the mass update! Woo! For anyone who saw in their notifications that I updated and just clicked this chapter, this is the wrong chapter. You gotta go to Chapter Sixteen!