Status: Slow updates (Don't kill me I'm lazy)

Revenge and Its Thrills

Chapter Three: The Trip From Hell

Alex’s POV

When I got to school the next morning Taylor and Alan were waiting for me at the gates. I didn't know what Alan was doing there since we weren't great friends, but I didn't question it.

"Hey," I said as I walked up.

Taylor nodded in reply and we headed for the doors. All around us teenagers were arguing and yelling; I even saw Lee throw a glass bottle at one of the nerdy kids. Ah, the school vibe was so relaxing. I'm not even joking - it satisfied me to know that everything was just how it always was. I hate change, and I defiantly wouldn't change anything about myself or this school.

"I got a text from Jeremy at 2 this morning - he's such a fucking drama queen," Alan said as we shoved our way through a bunch of sweaty teenagers. Damn, we needed bigger corridors. I was looking forward to seeing whether Jeremy and Rian got in trouble, though.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Some bullshit about you two locking him and Rian in Mr. Hoppus' office. I don't doubt you did it, but he actually expected me to go let them out," Alan spat in resent. I grinned. Jeremy was a tosser.

None of us actually liked Jeremy - in fact, he wound the shit out of us all. He was a Millburn transfer, so that probably explained it. I don't know how we wheedled his way into the popular group, but somehow, he did.

The bell rang. Yay, assembly! Where we all get to sit in a theatre and listen to a bunch of old people tell us what to do! Fun!

On our way there Taylor 'accidentally' elbowed a kid in the eye, and he turned around and told her to 'be more respectful.' She just punched him one and I had to stop walking for a second to control my laughter.

Eventually, though, we reached the theatre. I sat at the back with my form group. I was lucky enough to sit next to Mitch, and we started to wind the kids up in front of us by tossing crisps in their hair. They didn't even react, knowing that if they did, they would most likely get beaten up.

After a few minutes the Rector, Mr. Hoppus, stood at the front of the stage with a microphone.

"Morning," He called. He sounded almost as bored as I felt.

When he got no reply, he carried on. "First of all, I want to speak to Alex Gaskarth, Taylor Momsen, Rian Dawson and Jeremy McKinnon in my office after this assembly."

My face cracked into a wide grin. Jeremy had ratted us out then. If course, it could have been Rian, but I was 300% sure it was Jeremy.

"Moving on . . ." Mr. Hoppus continued. Why he even bothered, I'm not sure. No one was paying attention, apart from maybe a couple of losers at the front. "We’re going to be holding a school trip for the S5s. It's an all-lessons trip, so if you want to pass your exams then you've got to go. It's also £950,000."

I snorted. Of fucking course. Hey, kids, if you don't wanna fuck up life then you've got to go on this trip - but you've gotta pay 950,000 fucking pounds to go on it! Of course my mum would make me go, since I'm an S5 (A/N S5 in Scotland stands for Secondary 5, which is basically Year 12 for England. I don't know about America).

"It's going to be a 3 week long trip to Cyprus to observe their culture and ways of teaching."

Huh, maybe it won't be so bad. 3 weeks off school to fuck around in a country like that in the height of summer seemed okay with me. Plus, I'd heard the chicks there were really hot. Like, smoking hot.

"Also, don't think you're getting off easily - for the 3 weeks you're there for, you'll be staying with King Richard School, an SCE school in the army base at Dhekelia Garrison."

God dammit. Could this get any worse?

"And I also need to mention, we are not the only school going on this trip. We will be joined by Millburn Academy." Mr. Hoppus finished his speech.

As soon as the words left his mouth, I could feel my blood beginning to boil. Millburn Academy? Fucking seriously? I'd rather go with a Primary School.

I could feel a pit of rage swelling in my stomach. That school was a fucking piss-take. I couldn't stand them. I could barely put up with Jeremy, let alone a whole year group of the fucking pansies! There was one kid in particular that made me even angrier though. Jack Barakat. If he was on this trip as well, I might turn into a serial killer.

"Why the Hell do we have to go with them?" Mitch called out from next to me. I couldn't agree more. Millburn was a bunch of good-for-nothing pussies. And don't get me started on all the disgusting gay people and lesbians there.

"Because I said so," Mr. Hoppus shot back. Wow, what a comeback. Mr. Hoppus dismissed us, and instead of going to Home Economics, I headed up to his office. Taylor and Rian were already were already there. I gave them both fist-bumps as I walked in.

"Neat trick," Rian praised me, and I grinned. Rian wasn't the type to hold grudges. He didn't even like snitching on people - sometimes I wondered if he was truly part of this school. I didn't really care though; it was refreshing to be friends with someone who wasn't a complete asshole.

A loud, ignorant yell announced the arrival of Jeremy. He stormed up to be with his fists clenched, seething with anger.

"What the fuck was that, Gaskarth?" He yelled in my face. I could feel myself getting pissed already. Who the fuck did he think he was?

"What do you think it was?" I spat back, crossing my arms.

"You're an asshole!"

"You're a fucking drama queen who can't take a goddamn joke!"

"Oh, a joke? Was that meant to be funny, was it? Because I sure as Hell didn't fin-"

"Jeremy," Taylor cut in, looking just as pissed as I felt. "Shut the fuck up."

He frowned at her. "Don't tell me what to do." He huffed.

At that moment, Mr Hoppus walked in. He looked kind of annoyed. "Momsen, Gaskarth, care to explain why you decided to trash my office?"

Taylor shrugged. "We wanted to."

"Riiiiiight," He said, dragging out the 'right.' "And do you expect to just go by unpunished?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Kinda."

He hesitated. I could tell he really couldn't be bothered arguing with us, so he just said "Well, consider this a warning. Don't do it again. Now go to class."

Jeremy's jaw fell slack.

"But, sir! They -"

"Shut up, McKinnon. I know what they did. Now, go to lesson!"

So we all headed off, Jeremy grumbling obscenities under his breath. I wasn't even bothering to conceal my grin. Mr. Hoppus hadn't even mentioned what we did to Jeremy and Rian, and that's what I loved about this school - you could lock two students in a trashed Rector's office over night and get away with a slap on the wrist and a 'don't do it again.'

*two weeks later*

Once again I sat in assembly, once again bored out of my brain. Who wants to sit in a room cramped with sweaty, cranky teenagers and listen to the asshole who thinks he can control them blabber on about shit we didn't even care about? Not me. Since this was an S5-only assembly about the trip to Cyprus, it was slightly better because I got to sit next to cool people such as Austin and Lzzy. Slightly.

Mr Hoppus was rattling off a list of the necessary items we had to bring, but I wasn't listening. They'd already handed out a kit-list.

Like I'd predicted, my mum had forced me to go. I couldn't care less about my education, but she did. And when she'd said she was going to pay for it, how could I refuse? If you look at it the right way, I was basically getting a free trip to Cyprus. Maybe I could sneak out with a few of my friends and get a taxi to a bar in Ayia Napa.

I snapped back to attention when Lzzy nudged me. "He's handing out the list of room mates," she whispered. I gave her a nod of thanks and turned my attention back to Mr. Hoppus.

“On this trip," he said, "There will be five to each room. Three Millburn students to every IRA student. Any questions?”

A collective groan spread throughout the theatre. Seriously, it was bad enough we had to go on a trip to a different country with these twats, but sharing rooms with them? That was way too much. I was going to go insane.

I sank into my chair and scowled deeply. This was not going to be fun.

As the kid who was handing out the lists walked past I tripped him up, as if it was his fault that we were being forced to go through this torture. That’s it. All this kid’s fault. Even though that was stupid, and it obviously wasn’t his fault, I was going to give him Hell this next week. That’ll teach him to . . . exist? Whatever.
I picked up one of the sheets the kid had dropped and checked it. Immediately, my heart sank to my knees and I felt that familiar pit of anger in my stomach.

ROOM A

Lzzy Hale (IRA)
Taylor Momsen (IRA)
Jenna McDougall (MA)
Tay Jardine (MA)
Hayley Williams (MA)

ROOM B

Jeremy McKinnon (IRA)
Zack Merrick (IRA)
Tony Perry (MA)
Pete Wentz (MA)
Jaime Preciado (MA)

ROOM C

Alan Ashby (IRA)
Jordan Fish (IRA)
Gabe Barham (MA)
Mikey Way (MA)
Jesse Lawson (MA)

ROOM D

Alex Gaskarth (IRA)
Oli Sykes (IRA)
Jack Barakat (MA)
Frank Iero (MA)
Vic Fuentes (MA)

ROOM E

Austin Carlile (IRA)
Mitch Lucker (IRA)
Jack Fowler (MA)
Justin Hills (MA)
Gerard Way (MA)

ROOM F

Rian Dawson (IRA)
Matt Nicholls (IRA)
Ray Toro (MA)
Josh Franceshi (MA)
Mike Fuentes (MA)

ROOM G

Matt Kean (IRA)
Lee Malia (IRA)
Kellin Quinn (MA)
Patrick Stump (MA)

No! Something had to be wrong! I couldn’t share a room with him!
♠ ♠ ♠
So . . . Urm . . . It sucks *hides*