Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I was running throughout the forest, someone was hot on my trails. I kept looking back, but I saw no one. Whoever it was, they were great at remaining hidden. I stumbled on a tree branch and fell face first. Blood was gushing from a cut on my forehead. I heard footsteps pouding on the forest floor. I knew the stalker was going to kill me. I scrambled to try and get away. I felt a hand grab my shoulder and I let out a blood curling scream!

"Zea! Wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Zach standing over me. "Are you okay?" I blinked several times before realizing where I was. "I'm fine. It was just another dream." Zach rubbed my shoulders gently. "It's okay." I nodded and relaxed my breathing. Zach smled and looked away from me too quickly. He seemed guilty of something. "Zach?" He mumbled a non-responsive answer. "Zach! What's wrong?" He sighed and looked into my eyes. "I found out earlier that Emma is in love with me."
I was completely lost. "She's in love with you?" He nodded. What was I going to say? I couldn't make him choose. He would just have to make the decision himself and I hoped that he would choose me. "So, what are you going to do?" Zach shrugged and continued to stare into space. I sighed and curled up into a ball.

"Why won't you talk to me?" He sighed and looked at me, worry showing all over his face. "I'm sorry, sweetie." He hugged me and rubbed my back gently. I leaned into him and kissed his neck. His scent was driving me crazy. He smiled like chocolate and strawberries. I bit into his neck lightly, playing with the tender skin. He moaned softly and I smiled. I bit down harder and began to drink from him.He didn't try to stop me, he just enjoyed it and moaned louder. Just then, Emma walked in, seeing Zach half transformed into a wolf and me drinking from him deeply.

"What the? What are you??"Her face was unbelieveably pale. Her eyes were as wide as saucers. I didn't have any idea what to do. She pulled a sword from the wall and aimed it at the both of us. "Someone better give me some answers or I will kill the both of you.Or maybe I will kill one while the other watches." I let go of his neck to stare at her. Zach transformed fully and growled loudly at her. I stared at her, trying to read her thoughts. She moved closer, the blade of the sword glinting in the light. The blade was made of silver. The tip of the blade was inches from Zach. I would not let her hurt him. I tried to move closer to her, but she moved closer to Zach to try and taunt me. "I thougth you loved him?" Emma sneered."I did. Then he denied me for you. So now I want to end the both of you."