Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I didn't want to hurt Emma. But I knew that she would kill Zea if I didn't do something. I didn't want to lose the love of my life. Emma kept moving closer and closer with a slver sword that could kill me. I know I had to save her. "Zach! Don't do it! I don't want you to die! I love you!" I felt horrible for needing to hurt Emma. But, I wanted a life with Zea. I lunged forward, knocking the deadly weapon out of her hands. She screamed as my claws dug into her skin. I bit her hard, causing severe damage to her veins.She instantly bled to death. I felt no gratification in her death. But, I knew that it would haunt me forever.

I ran over and hugged Zea gently, kissing her hair. I loved her a lot and I would never come that close to losing her ever again. "Are you okay, sweetie?" She nodded and leaned her head against my chest. "I never want to lose you. You mean everything to me." She smiled and kissed me deeply. I had to do something with her body. So, I carried it out back and burned it. The mess was horrible and took an entire day to clean it up. "Zach?" I sighed and looked up. Zea was covered in a towel and she looked really scared. "What's going to happen to us now?" I was confused. "I'm not sure, sweetie. We will just have to wait and see." She nodded and dried herself off before she got dressed. I absolutely had no idea what was gonig to happen. Emma never talkeda bout friends or family. She always kept those a secret from me. I didn't want Zea to be scared. She didn't have any reason to feel that way because I would protect her. I looked into her eyes and smled. She was worth protecting. She meant more to me than my next breath. I couldn't stand to think of anyone hurting her.