Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

We drove for about six hours. I was really sick of driving, so we stopped and switched. Of course, we could only travel at night. Zea was very sensitive to the sun. By the time we arrived at Malburry Ranch, we had been traveling for twelve hours. It was pitch black outside when we pulled up to the store front. Zea sighed softly and turned off the engine. Some strange man was waiting for us patiently. Zea walked over to him and hugged him tightly. "It's great to see you, Alex. How are you?" He smiled slightly. "It's good to see you too, Z. I'm doing alright. Welcome home."

I wasn't sure what to think of the man. "Who is this?" She exhaled sharply. "My name is Zach." Alex sniffed unappreciatively and grimaced. Zea looked at me, completely terrified. Alex didn't seem too happy about me. "What are you?" Alex snarled. I sighed and tried to remain calm. "I'm a werewolf."He charged at me, wanting to kill me."Alex! Please, calm down. I'm in love with him. He's my boyfriend!"

Alex's eyes narrowed and he stopped suddenly. That was too close for my own comfort. Zea tried to reassure me with her eyes that I had nothing to worry about. The grounds of the ranch were about six acres long. There were rowes of house like buildings along with two other oddly shaped buildings.I wasn't sure if I was going to like staying here. But, at least I knew Zea would be safe here, even if that meant that I would have to leave to stay alive.