Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I watched him as he took in his surroundings. I smiled at him, hoping that he would relax a little bit. He nodded and carried our suitcases into our designated room. Alex seemed really angry with the fact that I was in love with a werewolf. I didn't really see the point as to why he hated Zach so much. All Zach wanted to do was protect me, not eat me. I stared at the dreary sky for a while, wondering why Alex was acting this way?

"Maybe he's just jealous?" I sighed softly, forgetting that he could read every thought that popped into my head. "Why would he be? I'm his sister. He shouldn't have any reason to feel that way."Zach nodded and continued to unpack his clothes. My body began to itch for home. I had never felt this restless before. Zach smiled at me reassuringly. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. "We will go hunting later, I promise." I nodded, wondering what teh rest of the family was doing. I hoped that Alex wasn't saying bad things about Zach to everyone in the family.

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door, jolting me out of my fantasy. When I opened the door, Marcus was standing there smiling. "Welcome home. I had heard that you had arrived and I wanted to say hello. How are you?" I smiled at him and hugged him. "I am doing fine. Just unpacking and relaxing." He looked at me strangely. I wondered what he was thinking. Zach appeared beside me and stared at Marcus. "Who's this?" Zach sounded really annoyed. Marcus couldn't help but grin at him."I'm Marcus. Z and I were engaged once. " I could feel the heat radiating off of Zach. This was not going to end well.