Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

"What happened to break you two apart?" Marcus seemed completely clueless as to what I was doing. "We just weren't good for each other.But, it's no big deal. I've moved on and so has she." I was infuriated. Zea just looked at me helplessly. She knew what was going on but didn't want to do anything about it. I was about to throw Marcus out when he told us that Alex needed to speak to us. I sighed softly and walked towards the office in silence.

Something was not right. Alex was sitting down waiting patiently for us. "I have been more informed on your situation. I am glad that you came to us for help. We can keep you save as long as you would like." I nodded, still angry about Marcus. Alex grinned at me. "Don't worry about him. His fool of a heart will only become broken again." I felt a little better and looked at Zea. She seemed a little disorriented.

I rubbed her back gently, trying to soothe her a little. She smiled at me, making my heart grow warm. My skin began to itch uncontrollably. The change was coming a couple of days early. Alex looked at me, understanding growing in his eyes. I left his office as quickly as I could. The moon brightly sat in the night sky. I transformed, shedding my clothes as I ran. I felt bad about leaving Zea by herself, but I knew it couldn't be helped.