Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

The wind blew through my fur, sending chills down my spine. I shivered a little, wishing that I had thicker fur to endure that kind of weather. I finished my hunting and looked around. I was in the middle of nowehere. Zea crossed my mind several tmes since I had left the office. I missed her so bad that I wanted to go back to her. But, I knew that she probably was busy with something or someone else. Then I remembered Marcus, and the history between the two of them, and it started a roaring fire inside me that could not be extinguished.

I ran back towards the Ranch, taking long strides in the direction of the woman that I loved so dearly. When I reached the boundaries of the land, I changed back into my human form and dressed as quickly as possible. I couldn't wait any longer to see her beautiful face. To look into her gorgeous blue eyes adn hug her to my chest and never let her go. She and I would never be apart again.

I ran faster towards the door of the house, hoping that she was waiting fo rme. When I opened the door to our room, she was sitting on the window seat looking out the window dreamily. I smiled and sauntered over to her. "Hey, sweetie." She turned around and smiled brightly at me. "Hi. How was your hunting?" I hugged her against my chest and kissed her forehead. "It was okay. I missed you though. Please don't leave my side again." She giggled lightly and it sounded like bells ringing in the distance.
"I won't ever leave your side. I know that you had to hunt by yourself, but you won't have to anymore. Okay?" I nodded and grinned at her. She was too gorgeous to leave by herself.

Who knows what kind of trouble she could attract. And by trouble, I mean Marcus. I carried her towards the bed and laid her down gently. She laughed as she bounced on top of the blankets. THe mattress was very springy. I smiled and laid down next to her, kissing her softly. Living here wasn't going to be that bad. At least not as bad as I thought it could have been.