Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea and Zach

*Mackenzea*

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. The sun was up and It was shining in the window. Zach walked in, realizing that I was awake and covered the window with the blanket. "Sorry, babe. " I nodded and rolled over on my side and tried to fall back asleep. Zach walked over and laid down beside me. "Just relax, darling. I love you, sweetie." I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.
When I woke up again, Zach was holding me in his arms. I stretched slowly and opened my eyes. Zach smiled and kissed me gently. "Good Morning." He laughed a little, really happy to be with me. "Well, it's not morning, but I know what you mean." I kissed him lightly and we took our turns taking showers before heading outside to hunt.

"Z!" My head shot up as I heard someone scream my name. Who could be calling for me now? I sighed, wondering what was going on. Marcus ran into our room, looking scared and mad at the same time. "Z, you need to run. The detectives are here. You need to leave now!" My brain was freaking out. What was I going to do? I had nowhere else to go. This was my entire family here and there was nothing I could do.

Zach was shocked. He didn't have any idea what to do. We were trapped and there wasn't anything we could do about it. Tears began to fall down my face. This was it. We were going to jail and couldn't avoid it.

*Zach*

I tried to calm her down, but it didn't work. There had to be a way out. This couldn't be the end of our life. I sighed and hugged her getly against my chest. "Try to calm down, sweetie. I know that this isn't going to be easy. But, we have to try." She nodded adn we walked towards the door. When I opened it, Detective Staples was waiting patiently. "Zach! What are you doing here?" I smiled politely."I live here with my girlfriend." He nodded. "I have a warrant for a Zachary Lawrence and a Mackenzea Malburry."

I sighed softly."I'm Zach Lawrence and my girlfriend is Mackenzea. Look I need to explain. The only reason I killed her was because she attacked me. I would never hurt anyone unless they tried to hurt me." The detective nodded. "I'm sorry. I understand. You will have to pay a fine and you cannot move out of this area for six years."I nodded, taking anything I could get. "Yes, sir." He wrote me a ticket and left. Did that just happen?

I couldn't believe it. Zea was sitting on the couch, looking horrified. Marcus smiled at me. It was kind of creepy. "You guys are really lucky." I nodded and walked over to hug her. She smiled and kissed me lightly. I couldn't help but smile. She made my day. I loved her with my entire soul. She was perfect for me in every way.