Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I sighed softly, staring at the diamond ring that occupied my left ring finger. It was gorgeous. I could not believe that he had propsed right then and there. Of course, it was valentine's day and he wanted it to be special. I personally thought it was extra sweet because of the date. I relaxed gently against the pillows that covered the head of the mattress. Zach had gone hunting early just so that we could spend some time together later. I was supposed to be asleep, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't drift off.

I closed my eyes and thought about the many things he had done for me. He had saved me from a life in jail and helped me when I was injured by a savage animal. He truly was my hero, in my mind and especially in my heart. I exhaled slowly and felt myself began to fall asleep. Maybe I couldn't have any nightmares. I had hoped that I wouldn't. Not after a wonderful night that I had just had. He was truly an amazing person to be with. I would never take him for granted. I loved him unlike the other times I thought I did. When it was only lust.

I felt the bed shift as someone sat down on the end of it. I had no idea who it was, but I wished it was Zach. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. Marcus was sitting on the edge, starting at me. "What do you want?" He smiled. "I want you. I miss having you by my side all the time. It's lonely without you." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"It's your own fault that I left you. I warned you to stop what you were doing. You didn't listen." Marcus scootched closer to me. I moved away and glared at him. "Leave. I don't want you here. I am engaged and there is nothing you can do about it. I love Zach and I will never love you. I will never take you back. So you might as well leave and find someone else to torture."