Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I woke up feeling a chill run up my spine. There was an icy breeze floating around my room. I opened my eyes slowly and glanced at the window. Which it was closed. So, why was I feeling cold? I sighed and looked for more blankets to put on the bed, all I found was this huge comforter that Zach had brought from his house. I pulled it around me and drug it towards the bed as I laid down with it covering me.

I exhaled in relief as the blanket warmed me up. I was completely comfortable now. I relaxed each of my tensed muscles and began to fall asleep. I was drifting in and out of consciousness when Zach came home. He walked in looking like he was almost dead. His hair, shirt and body were covered in blood. I sat up in bed and looked at him, scared that he was going to die.

He smiled at me. "What happened? Are you okay?" He grimaced as he pulled off his shirt and that's when I saw it. There were long deep claw marks across his chest and back. Tears began to fill my eyes as I watched him limp towards me. "Sit down." I guided him to the bed and rushed to get Alex. He needed help fast. Alex came running as quick as he could.

"Oh my. Grab the first aid and I need a wet towel.Hurry." I did what he asked, hoping that Zach wouldn't be in very much pain for long. Alex cleaned each cut, trying not to hurt him further. He flinched a few times when the peroxide stung his wound. I sighed, wishing that Zach would tell me what happened, but I knew that I couldn't rush him. Right now, he needed rest and time to heal.