Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I totally did not see that coming. I was attacked out of nowhere. At least I made it home in time to clean the cuts and get some rest. I leaned back against the pillows on my bed and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was unconscious. The dreams started out with me wandering around the woods alone. I kept trying to leave but I couldn't find a clearing to exit through.

They just kept going and never ended. I looked around and stumbled into a hole. Inside this hole was a bunch of bunnies. I love bunnies. They are my favorite thing to munch on during the spring. But, these weren't normal hares. They stared at me with green eyes and very sharp teeth. I stepped away from them and they followed me. I was afraid that they were going to eat me instead of me eating them. It was payback for my hunting days.

I fell and one was on top of me, shaking me really hard. "Zach!" I screamed and when I opened my eyes, Zea was standing above me, saying my name. I blinked slowly, trying to get that dream to fade from my memory. It was burned into it forever. I sighed and took a deep breath. It was just a dream, and it wasn't real. I looked at Zea and smiled. She always made me feel better. She kissed my forehead softly and stroked my hair. I loved her more than she could possibly comprehend.