Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea and Zach

*Mackenzea*

I was really worried about him. I was afraid that I was going to lose him. I wouldn't be able to bare it if he died. I sat down in a chair close to his bed. He had just fallen asleep after a horrible nightmare. He wouldn't tell me what it was about, he just tried to go back to sleep.

Alex had checked on him a couple of times since then. At least he acted like he cared about what happened to him. I stared blankly out the window. Night had fallen and my throat began to ache. It had been several days since my last feeding. I called in Alex an dhe brought me a rare steak which was my absolute favorite. I ate it slowly, savoring the taste of the blood gushing on my tonue as I bit down.It was truly a delicacy. I sighed and stared off into space. The wedding was only a couple of weeks away.

Zach was still deeply asleep. I was scared of what he was dreaming about. I hoped that he would wake up soon. It was unhealthy to sleep all the time. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He made everything easier to handle. I just wished that my life was simpler.

*Zach*

So the hunt began. I was waiting for my life to change. Watching for something or someone to come and destroy my happiness. But, I was all wrong. No one wanted what I had. Nobody cared that I was on cloud nine. Everybody just seemed to disappear from my circle of friends. I never heard back from any of my business clients and the shop eventually closed down adn turned into a slum for hobos. So what if my life long dream had just been flushed down the toilet by one strange alluring female? I guess that was just life in general. Things happen and you don't know why. I guess you have to live with it.

I stared into the lake, watching the water drip aimlessly from the tips of the leaves hanging like broken limbs. My reflection stared back at me, looking ferocious and mysterious. I felt as I were looking from a strangers point of view. I always wondered how everyone viewed me. As if nothing in this life was mine. I had changed so much in such a short time that everything and anythin was different. I had never had to run from my problems and I had never once felt an attraction towards any female like I did now.

I had never known what real love was like util I had run into her that night in the woods. She had made me feel whole. I was someone again. Someone very different. Staying with her after those few days together was not a choice. But, a fulfillment of a awnt, need and desire all in one. I had decided that my life needed some new things and needed to get rid of the old.

I sighed in contentment as I watched the water swirl around my finger that I had rested in it. It was so tranquil and relaxing that I was surrounded by nature and yet, I was at home. I laid back in the grass and stared up at the sky. The clouds looked like little fluffy sheep. My life had not once been this happy and stress free. I was finally living my life.