Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

The wedding was only a few days away. I was really excited, but I wondered where Zach was. We were normally inseperable. Lately, he had been wandering off by himself more and more. It worried me a lot. He was never like this, not even when we first started dating. I guess with age, sometimes you just need a little peace and quiet to yourself. I sighed softly and stretched out on my bed. It was warmer than usul. The days were becoming hotter as summer approached. I shivered with aniticpation. I smiled as Zach came walking in from outside with sweat stains all over the front of his shirt.

"Hey." I pulled him towards me and kissed him lightly. "Hi. I was just wondering where you were. Are you okay?" He nodded and sat down beside me on the bed. "I was just doing some thinking." I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Thinking about what?"He smiled. "Nothing important, my love. Just our future together and what it holds." I nodded and interlaced my fingers with his. At least he wasn't afraid to admit that he had been thinking about the future. He smiled and brushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"Our future is going to be very bright." I smiled, yearning for a family. I hadn't told him of my secret because I didn't want to scare him off. What if he doesn't want kids? What if the thought of babies repels him? I wanted to tell him but I didn't want to lose him. I sighed in frustration. What was I going to do? He smiled down at me. "What are you thinking?" I looked into his eyes, noticing the seriousness in them. "I want kids." I threw myself out there and waited for him to reject the idea, and even my worst fear, me. "Kids?Hmmm." Was he really contemplating it? Was he just messing with me for pure fun? I waited anxiously for him to finish his thought. "A family sounds nice." I smiled and hugged him tightly.

I would be getting what I wanted from now on. Even if i thought he would feel disgusted by the thought. He pulled me into his lap and caressed my sides. I gigled lightly and smiled at him. He knew my ticklish spots and he was taking advantage of it. I laughed harder as he began to tickle me more and more until I rolled off his lap and ended up on the floor. I just continued to laugh at my stupidity and he tried to distinguish his laughter so he could help me up. But, I knew he couldn't hold it in any longer. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him lightly on the lips. My life was going to be a lot of fun.